2010 DIY Elk Hunt

remauto1187

I am sorting through all the info now and it looks like a rifle hunt in Colorado fall 2010 is very doable. Anyone else considering? Trade ideas, info, etc. This will be my first Elk hunt.

More than willing to host a whitetail hunt in southern Illinois in Shawnee National Forest for someone that wants to host an elk hunt in Colorado. (Public Land) I have a 32ft. camper that I will taking down to Shawnee Nov. 2010. So just bring your shotgun, sleeping bag and ammo!!! Good food, stories and camper even has a furnace! lol
Shotgun season (there isnt a rifle season in Illinois). Deer slugs only.
Shotgun season is the Fri, Sat & Sun before Thanksgiving and Thur-Sun the week following Thanksgiving.
Non Resident Permit is $150 and if you come down early you can bowhunt if you get a State permit as well. No camping fees and you can literally hunt anywhere in the Forest. PM for info or questions.

I am not too worried about bull or cow. I just want the meat and experience. A nice mount would be great but meat is my main priority.

Your welcome to come with me to Colorado for archery elk.Be my 3rd trip to the same area.Killed a 4x4 first year, and should have had two shots last year but was too impatient.I now know the area real well, and never run into anyone back in and its an otc area.Think about a bow hunt, its way more exciting
Also, going to Wy. for elk and antelope if you want to give that a shot.Send me a pm if your interested

I'm very interested in a CO archery hunt. My hunting partner and I have been calling in big bulls in WA/OR where we can only shoot spikes and it would be nice to get a chance to go after any bull! Let me know! I'm not sure what I have in trade but we could work something out. I think I'll post an introduction and a story on the deer board so people can get to know me.

-Matt

Sorry folks but it appears after gathering all the info it looks like I am going to Idaho for a rifle hunt.

Idaho is a great choice for elk. Thats why I live in Idaho. Alot more things in Idaho to hunt other then elk. We have deer (mule and whitetail), pronghorn, cougar, bear, bighorn sheep, and one of my personal favorite, turkey.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back