PEAX Equipment

Swaro 10x42 Question

noharleyyet

Would appreciate from those who've used both in the field, comparisons of the SLC and EL models.

I have had both at some point. Loved the EL other than I thought they were to long. Then a few years later I got the SLC, I also have no complaints with the SLC. If I would do it all over again I would have just keep my ELs.

Ken,
I have the 10x42's EL's and also the 10x50's SLC's. I like the 10x42's better. They are lighter and fit better in my hands. Since I bought the 10x42's I haven't used the 10x50's.

I have the 10x42 EL's and absolutely love them. My dad has a pair of 10x50's and uses them for bird watching. The 10x50's are nice but I wouldn't want them hanging on my neck all day.

As for the SLC vs EL...I did a live chat with a Cabelas rep before my purchase. He had the SLC's and recommended the EL's if the extra cash was in the budget. I listened to the advice and have no regrets.

I bought the 10x42 slc's...just liked them better than the el's, I liked the size and shape of them as well as how they fit my hands. I also thought I could hold the slc's more steady. It was a tough choice though. The biggest difference I've seen with the new glasses is being able to glass toward the rising or setting sun and also how much better I can see into shaded hillsides, tree shadows, etc.

You've replaced the Loopies?? WOW! I didn't feel the earth stop rotating... ;) I've avoided looking through either the SLCs or Els as I don't want my Pentax to get more of an inferiority complex than they already have!

If'n I had the $$$ I would strongly consider the Leica's with the built in rangefinder. The one pair I looked through in the store were AMAZING! 'Twas suprised at how light they were with the additional components needed for the rangefinder.

If'n I had the $$$ I would strongly consider the Leica's with the built in rangefinder. The one pair I looked through in the store were AMAZING! 'Twas suprised at how light they were with the additional components needed for the rangefinder.

I always assumed those would be the set I'd buy when I decided to get my 'once in a lifetime' glass, until I heard about the warranty.
Something like a twelve month warranty on them, including the glass. Unbelievable for the amount of money they are.

slc's vs el's

i bought swarow's a few years ago, i was told the only diff is titanium in the el's vs. alum in the slc. looked through both i did'nt see any difference. was told optics are the same they were 10x42's. i bought the slc's and enjoy them very much. virgil in oregon..:)

They are supposed to have 30% larger FOV also, That would be awesome, also the new fluorite glass and convex lenses are said to give 10-15% more light transmission. If all this is true, they will be in a class by themselves.

I use bino's too much to want a rangefinder in them, I suppose it is good for guides, but they've no appeal to me.

But wait! I have been getting taught that swaro is no better than tasco by the Big Stick (Napoleon!) if he says so, it must be true!

They are supposed to have 30% larger FOV also

rosco, the stated FOV gain for the 10x42 2010 EL is 336/1000...they are presently 330/1000. Brighter is good...but for $700 more?

I'll be handling some to compare to my SLC's for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back