Canvas tents

Moosie

Grand poopa
So I just bought a tent....

Well, It's gonig to be stored at Idbuglers house because I'm on a buying moritorium from the wife so technically it's not mine ... :D

http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/1400217866.html

So what I'm wondering is, the canvas is a bit beat up and a bit old. It will work with a tarp cover for a bit but if I want to buy a new Canvas for it, who do you recomend and what type of prices am I ,..... Errr I mean IDBugler, since it 's his, and not mine ... ;) what would I be looknig at ?

I know thunder mountain in Nampa has some and maybe thats my best option.

Let me know, thanks !!

Oscar, Watch Davis Tent for special and Montana Tent Company. THey both run monthly specials that are really good. Usually after a big outdoor show. We bought a 12 x 18 on special for $650 a couple of years ago.

I had a tent built at Thunder Mountain and they did a good job for me, plus it is nice to shop local sometimes.

I don't know what you have for tent makers down there but that would be your best bet. I would think you would have someone. They should be able to patch in sections that are "Holey" We have a couple here in Bozeman that do repairs and sell new ones. We had some horse panniers repaired and some other things made. BTW your gonna get caught by the wife. You better start figuring out excuses now.:D

be alert!!!

Moosie!
Keep your eyes open, of course she already knows! Devious women anyway.
I'll tell you how it works...
Moosie's wife is out with the girls and spots something she wants bad, we'll call it, ITEM A. She pre-supposes Moosie will not approve so she places a moratorium on spending at the house, knowing fully well that we men have no self control!! She's probably in cahoots with all the wives on this, so when an item shows up at the buds house the buds wife sends out what I'll call a 'valley all-call'. Then moosies wife knows it's ok to bring the mercedes home!
Hey, Eve did it and made Adam feel like he was the bad guy and those devious women have been giving us the business ever since.
I was you, I'd look through her drawers, and see what she's hiding...hehehe!that's nasty!

I bet Big Finn could get you a deal with the DENVER TENT COMPANY seeing as how they sponsor the site, and the show and have an add right over the top of your question. :D

I bought my Montana Tent Co. 14' x 17' through Cabella five years ago. I have been very happy with it!! The wood stove I went with was the round cast-iron....a little more expensive but well worth the money. The square stoves can re-shape themselves and not close well, especially if you get them too hot. I also purchased the joint brackets, but made my own poles from 10 guage aluminum conduit I purchased from the local hardware store....saved a few hundred. The final decision is the floor. You can purchase the tent with floor seperate, or already sewn in. I highly recommend seperate. To heavy and hard to air out with the sewn in.

We bought a 12 x 18 on special for $650 a couple of years ago.

Was the $650 for jsut the Canvas ? Or Poles too ?

look through her drawers, and see what she's hiding...hehehe!that's nasty!

I try every night Amigo !!!... Funny story though.

I bet Big Finn could get you a deal with the DENVER TENT COMPANY seeing as how they sponsor the site, and the show and have an add right over the top of your question. :D

Spitz, I was waiting for someone to point that out to me as well ;) I will check what they have when the time comes too.

On the Thunder Mountain Tent company, I think their 10x12x4' wall tents are around the $400-500 mark. They have different thicknesses and don't know if the more expensive one is worth it.

....At any rate, I'm not buying anything new this year. I picked up this tent to house the boyz when I take them out this fall. It's for the kids.... not me ... :D :D

A guy can really stock up on toys with the "It's for the Boys...........Honey" I know Travo would just look at me "Huh? You won't even let me touch that!" when I would bring stuff home like that. John

Kens tents in homedale, make sure to check them out also, have a couple buddys that has his tents, very well made, kenstents.com Thunder mountian is good also, was in there last week looking at rifle scabbards, although they did'nt have what I wanted they were more then willing to make something custom for me and were very helpful. Shop local first :)

Sweet.... I bought a new tent and didn't even know it.

YAh, You better come get it soon too !!! I need you to Spray it with Oil. Thats part of the deal in case you didn't know. (With waterproofing oil, not KY this time, last tent we bought they almost didn't exchange it because of that....)

By the looks at the size of Moosie's family, I'd say the same thing about his condoms!

Don't mix up my slow Withdrawl/exiting syndrom with anything leaky. I actually jsut found out they made condoms in my size. I had to go to the Pinky protector section.... OOPS !!!

Back