On The Road Again

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I have been home for a week, so it must be time to hit the road again. Or at least my wife probably feels that way.

I leave Wednesday for a long, long, trip. Hope that you guys aren't buying my stuff off Ebay before I return home.

Leave Wednesday for AZ, to catch up with Buschy. Looking forward to joining him and Jim to see if we can call him in a bull. He assures me that he will shoot the first 400" bull he sees. Imagine that.

From there, I am off to Colorado to help a friend who drew a sheep tag. This should be a good hunt. I am told it will be difficult terrain, but the sheep are plentiful, relative to most sheep hunts. Such assurances are usually a curse, of the highest degree.

After that, I am off to southern Wyoming, where I have a really great pronghorn tag. I like to be antelope hunting on opening day, but will have to miss that, unless we finish up on the sheep hunt on the first day. Not likely. It is antelope hunting, so whether it is opening day, last day, or any day in between, I am happy.

Once the antelope is tagged. I am helping a friend who drew his first western big game tag - Rifle elk in a good limited entry WY unit. Last winter, he called and asked where he should apply. I told him to apply in the unit where I was applying, hoping one of us would possibly draw. Yup, he drew, and I didn't. He is a great friend and an avid waterfowler, and this being his first elk hunt, has me pretty stoked. I am hoping we can at least find him a spike in that unit.

And to round out the trip, I head over to western Montana with a friend who has a moose tag. This hunt will be sponsored by Big Sky Brewing Company and their Moose Drool beer. Unfortunately, I can't drink, so I will only be able to watch as the sponsorship prizes are consumed by the camera crew and the other hunters. Should be a good hunt. Gonna be some dark timber and tough hiking. Especially tough if we get one down.

I am hoping this little piece of technology does not let me down. I need it to post daily updates, and to see who on the Hunt Talk board is posting pics of the monsters that usually fall at the hands of guys around here.

Probably will need to check a few work emails while I am gone, but that is secondary to the more important tasks of Hunt Talk and such.

If any of you are near these locations, while we are filming, give a shout. If nothing else, we might be carrying some of that Moose Drool with us, and it will allow me to give some to you, so the camera guys don't get too carried away. Something they are known for.

Hope to have some good stories to tell, some pics to post, and some footage to make the next season a winner. Only guarantee I can make is that we will have fun. Will be back to the real world in mid-October.

Happy Hunting to all of you. Looking forward to the reports of your success.

Wow, I hope your camera gets frequent flyer miles.
Tell Greg he's too picky, he should stick the first 390 that walks by.
I take it after this trip, you'll have a years worth of episodes on film ?
Good luck, and remember to catch a nap once in a while.

And you guys were giving me a hard time for my elk hunting advice. Buschy seems to be a lot more picky than me. ;)

Sounds like an excellent way to spend a month. I'll be in western WY off and on the next 5 weeks starting Wednesday, in hopes of filling 5 tags. Shoot me your schedule and maybe I can take some of that Drool off your hands. ;)

Good luck!

"Please stay seated and keep your arms in at all times, sit back and enjoy the ride" Its going to be a good one !!

will there be minimum bids needed for your stuff on e-bay? good luck on all the travels. wondering if we all should buy stock in the gas companies? Fin, which stations do you use?;)

Good luck guys. Hope Buschy gets his dream bull. Headed to Montana on Friday the bulls are really talking. I love September in the Elk woods! My hunt is not sponsored by a beer company but I will tell you I will have a few after we get back to town with antlers in the back of the GMC!!!

Back