Caribou Gear Tarp

What are you "running"?

Oak

Expert
This has got to be the most annoying figure of speech used on message boards.

"I'm currently running a Leupy VXIII on my .300Whizbanger, but am thinking of switching to a Leupy VX-7."

"I was running Butler Creek flip-ups for years until Greenhorn set me straight."

"I'm running a 30/30/40 baby poop green/Ronald McDonald orange/gay pride purple McSwirly on my .300Whizbanger."

Any time I hear someone use the term "running", I want to reach through the computer screen and slap them. :mad::rolleyes: I think it's primarily "wanna-be's" using the term. ;)

Ok, I feel better now.:D

I prefer the word "sporting". My .300 win mag is sporting a VX9 in a 25-50 x 40 and pushin a 200 grain v-max at 4300 fps. I can't even get the thing to shoot worse than a .5 inch 7 shot group if I try!

the CF eh? they are very sensetive about there boolits too. every day there is 10 new posts about a bullet. i wonder if anyone even hunts over there sometimes.

It is fun reading through that site, I really like seeing the different hunting rifles a lot of those guys come up with.
Plus, I love knowing how many people spend their weekends at the range instead of out scouting my honey holes ;)

The rifle I'm currently 'running' got rusted to chit last weekend while bear hunting near the salt water. Who said stainless steel doesn't rust... The rod I was 'running' hooked in to a pretty nice Yelloweye... does that count?

Attachments

• DSC_2535.JPG
    DSC_2535.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC_2581.JPG
    DSC_2581.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 894
Last edited:
Nice goldfish,any bear pictures?Are you smiling or laughing at us poor smucks down here?

Awesome Yelloweye!
Looks like there's another on the line too...

The 24oz jigs we were running were tearing the hell out of these ugly but tasty critters.

I have to say the BBQ grill we were running wasn't really qulified to handle this kind of grub, but we made due.

Attachments

• DSC_2537.JPG
    DSC_2537.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC_2614.JPG
    DSC_2614.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 872
I'm runnin about twice a year. I'm not much of a runner..

But regarding those butler creek scope covers.. I'm not using them.. but to set you straight, they can be valuable to have around for useful photo opportunities..
Eye2.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back