Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sponsor Updates

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Today is sponsor day, as has been every day for the last three months. This task, which I will call the most difficult part of a TV show, takes most of my time each day.

Let's face it, times are tough. To convince a large national company to come on board with our show, when they are dumping other shows, is not an easy task.

Any new show is an unproven commodity. These companies get hammered daily by guys who claim to have the next best idea that will save hunting, or sell more product, or ..........

But, we are something that the sponsor world has been looking for. Why?

They know that you represent their core audience. They have always been told that producing non-guided hunting, at a high level of quality, is nearly impossible. So, as much as they wanted a direct connection to you, they never had it.

There are many companies we are currently working with, in every product class. They normally finalize sponsorship agreements in the fall, so us asking them to do so at this time, is out of the normal course of business.

The good news is that when I finally get to meet with the decision makers, they love what we are doing. They are finding ways to work within shrinking budgets and long-term obligations to other shows and magazines, to become involved with our show.

They all have this common message - On Your Own hunters are our kind of people. We want to be associated with them, for who they are and what they represent. We want them to know how much we appreciate them and their work for hunting and conservation.

With that said, please welcome Federal Premium Ammunition to the list of companies supporting the On Your Own hunter.

Federal Premium Ammunition

Big Fin,

I am pleased to hear that. Federal will not be disappointed. I went to their website and gave them a big thank you! Well done!

That's a huge company to have behind you, congrats.

Now if only I could get some .45 ammo..

austen

Congrats!.. does that mean you can get your hands on a few cases of GM215Ms?

Good job! It should be easier getting sponsors after you air a few shows(I hope).I really like their shotgun shells.Congratulations.

Thats cool. I have been using Federals for years and love them. I don't know if your sponsors read this stuff or not, but count me as one hunter who will continue using their ammo because of their help with your show and this site.

Just keeps getting better! Congrats.....I too patronize these guys and will certainly continue to do so!

It's great you picked up another sponser.

I have some Federal shotshells somewhere around here. Have to admit though my rifles like spitting out a different brand at this time. Maybe Federal will want to try and switch me?:D:eek:

Congrats Randy. That's a big name to pull on board. Glad to see a company believe in what we do.

America's Optics Authority

Well guys. I know most of you have seen that I have been selling my optics. At least a couple brands of optics.

I presented the show concept to every company whose optics I have used, knowing full well, that in the TV world, when an optics company signs on, they get the entire optics category - binos, spotters, rifle scopes, and rangefinders.

It became really clear very early in the discussion, as to who "Got it." One company instantly said, "Those are our guys. Budget or no budget, we will find a way to make it work. Hang with us and lets work out the details."

Responses from others were to the effect that they were out of budget and thanks for using our product last year, all we can do is give you more product, not sure if On Your Own guys are our customer, blah, blah, blah.

One company found a way to make it work, even when budgets are very tight, and we are late in the game for 2009. And, not only did they sign on for 2009, but 2010 and 2011, as well. And, they made some calls to some other very influential groups and told them that On Your Own Adventures was the type of show all hunting companies should be associated with.

Today, we finalized the agreement and signed. And with great pride, my rifles will continue to carry Leupold rifle scopes. Adorning my neck will be Gold Ring binoculars. Watch for their ads to show up next week.

Of all the companies I have worked with, Leupold has been the most impressive. They value content of the show, not just eyeballs. The message is more important to them, than the size of the animal. They ask questions such as, "Are you going to incorporate any conservation and hunting history in your episodes?"

This company has hunters from the top to the bottom. They know your story - the story of the non-guided hunter. They want On Your Own hunters to know they are in your camp, literally and figuratively.

It was interesting that the decision makers watched a few minutes of the samples, turned to me and said, "We don't need to see anymore." I actually thought that was the end of the lunch meeting, and they were going to get up and leave. Nope, we just sat around and talked hunting, and wrapped it up by them giving me the process for finalizing the details, and a month later, the deal is done.

Glad to have them on board. They are a great American company, who is putting their money where their mouth is. They are America's Optics Authority.

I hope you support Leupold - I know they support you.

Back