Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

March Madness

smalls

I know there's a few closet b-ball fans round the fireside, so let's have it... predictions, smack talk and game plans.

Me and a couple of college buddies took a serious look at going to Phoenix for the regional round but decided to hold off knowing that our alma mater, (the) North Dakota State University, had a shot at making the tourney. We're glad we waited as the might Bison pulled off the W last night and clinched a birth into the big dance...in their first year of playoff eligibility. It looks like I will be traveling whereever they play in the opening round. If they can pull off a 13 seed I truly believe they could give some team a run for their money (I really just want to avoid the #1 and 2 seeds).

Both Boise and Portland are hosting opening round games, so some of the "locals" here should have ball within a reasonable distance. I'd mention Minneapolis for MNHunter...but I would guess he's much more interested in the WCHA playoffs next weekend (Go Sioux!).

I'll get the smack talk started :D

-It looks like Washington is the class of the Pac-10...while Gonzaga might still be the best team in Washington.

-As usual, it looks like there will be nothing of any value coming out of the state of Texas:eek:

-How can Arizona, a team with as much NBA talent as it has, play itself out of the tourney? Granted they'll likely be a bubble team that gets in, but alumni may be asking themselves "Hey, whatever happened to that Olsen guy?"

-If Montana State wins tonight, say hello to the playin game your putrid 14-16 record (6-10 conference)... Big Sky basketball=pathetic!;) HEY WEBER, YOU LOST AT FRIGGIN HOME!

Aside from hunting season, this is my favorite time of year:cool:

Monkey ball is for southerners. It's not warm enough where we live to be competitive in this sport. Watching it is lame, at best.

Monkey ball is for southerners. It's not warm enough where we live to be competitive in this sport. Watching it is lame, at best.

I'm not sure what urine drinking hole dwelling colony you come from W4S, but in North Dakota our gyms generally had roofs on them and were heated. Rarely did weather impact actual gameplay (although some games were inevitably canceled due to weather).

But to each their own...:rolleyes:

TLC... dang Pitt looks tough and Marquette will end up with 3 seniors in their schools top 5 in all time scoring...got to love a team with upperclassmen and great guard play.

Where I came from if you weren't in rodeo you didn't have a tan. Playing games indoors is for girls.

Do you why they have trash cans at North Dakota weddings?To keep the fly’s off the bride.
A North Dakotan and his buddy are dragging a deer by the hind legs, when they meet a guy from MT. He tells them if they drag the deer by the head it would be easier. So the ND’S try it. Wow they cannot believe how much easier it is. They look at each other and look back and one say it is easier but we are getting farther from the truck.

I pick the team with the most points.

Smalls My mom is 90 and loves her ND joke book, that were I got them... She was raised in Central MT.

I think I'd get along with your mom. My intuition tells me she probably does, but does she have any Ole and Lena joke books...I tell ya, that Sven always cracks me up.

BTW, you do know why ND is so windy... it's because Montana blows and Minnesota sucks...

I think she does have the OLE AND LENA book, and here one I just recieved,
A little sweetish humor

Lena is pregnant with Olle's child. Late one night,
> > Lena vakes Ole and says,
> >
> > I tink it's time!' So Olle fired up the Yohn Deere
> > tractor and took her
> > to the hospital to have their first baby. She had a little
> > boy, and the doctor looked over
> > at Olle and said, 'A son! Ain't dat great!'
> >
> > Well, Olle got excited by dis, but yust den the
> > doctor spoke up and said,
> > 'Hold on! We ain't finished yet!' The doctor
> > den held up a little
> > girl.
> > He said, 'Hey, Olle! You got you a daughter!'
> > She's
> > a pretty little ting, too.'
> >
> >Olle got kind of puzzled by this, an then the
> > doctor said,
> >
> > 'Holey Moley, Olle we still ain't done yet!'
> > The
> > doctor then delivered
> > another boy and said, Olle, you yust had yourself another
> > boy!'
> > Olle was flabbergasted by this news!
> >
> > A couple days later, Olle brought Lena and their three
> >
> > children home in the self-propelled combine. He was real
> > serious and he
> >
> > asked Lena, 'How come we got tree on the first
> > try?'
> > Lena said,
> >
> > 'You remember dat night we ran out of Vaseline and you
> > vent out in the
> > garage
> >
> > and got dat dere 3-in-1 Oil?'
> >
> >
> > Olle said,
> > 'Yeah, I do. Uffda! It's a dam good ting I
> > didn't get the WD-40.

Haven't we had contests in the past? I definately remember getting my ass handed to me either last year or the year before. Can someone with a little more motivation get one started on Yahoo or Sportsline?

cjcj, the thing that scares me about uconn is that their guard is out. and he was the catalyst. been a little shaky since he went down. on the bright side, don't have to hear about notre dame any more making it. and no more hornygoat, or harangody, or whatever his name is.

flipper, which team was it from the sec that won the title in football? wasn't balabama. they got their butts handed to them. tennessee? nope, but think they did fire their coach? now, in the womens division, will back summitt the whole way. unless they go up against uconn women.;):D

Back