Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

South Dakota pronghorn???

elkfarmer

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on doing a hunt here. I would like to take my son out west hunting and this is a critter thats on my list.

I seen the tag prices but couldn't see if they offer a youth tag. anyone know?

Do I need to purchase a licence also with the tags?

I am not asking for your honey hole, but where should I be looking to go?

I live in western SD. Focus on the very SW corner and the NW corners if you plan on hunting public access.

If you're willing to walk, you'll find some nice animals and have a great hunt. If you're looking for a book animal, this is not the place. If you're looking for a mature buck you'll do fine.

All tags are by draw only. You will likely need at least 1 preference point to get a buck tag in the areas suggested. The non-res tag is all you need for antelope. No youth tag for lope bucks here. There are always doe/fawn tags leftover.

Here is a poor picture of my best SD buck, archery.
102_0190.jpg

Here is my worst SD buck. Leftover rifle tag in an area that is mostly private land. The highpoint of this one was ninja crawling within range of a large herd for over a couple hours before this rutty buck finally stopped running does and fending off other bucks.
sd_ninja.jpg

Here is a decent buck that my 2 oldest helped out on. It was a fine day of spotting, hiking, prairie dogging, blowing stalks, missing an easy shot, and finally connecting.
101_0532.jpg

My oldest and I hope to be chasing them in the NW corner this fall.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back