PEAX Equipment

Holy crap!! what a game!

schmalts

I thought AZ had it, but too much time left on the clock i guess. Sorry Stan, it wasn't meant to be

Great game up until the end. Man the Steelers got some breaks. Dang AZ402 I was hoping for a Cardinals win.

I figured they'd have to play a near perfect game to win, they didn't. Even with all the mistakes/penalties, they were in it with under a minute left to play. I think that they're better than a lot of people thought (me included).

The off season will be interesting.

Great game. Much better than I was expecting. AZ had me rooting.

Went into the game not really caring who won (always hated Pittsburg and since Seattle is my team and Arizona is thier rival..)

By half time I was really hoping AZ would pull it out....great game. But just like the Steelers / Seahawks superbowl a few years ago, seemed like Pittsburg got more than thier share of calls

I want to know what they put in the water for the second half of the third and most of the forth quarter and why they didn't put it in the water for the first half of the game.

It was a great game. Both teams played well.

Very good game. I thought AZ got hosed a few times with some shady calls. They had their chances!! Funny how Big Ben doesn't really put up big numbers or look good doing it, but he does win...

One bad throw from Warner made the difference. Not blaming the Cardinals. They playe one hell of a game with the way Fitzgerald was covered. Cardinals did all they could and it was a great game. Kudos to the Steelers.

Cardinals made too many mistakes but played great. Holmes made one of the best catches I've seen in a long while. He deserved MVP IMO.

The off season will be interesting.

Yes it will...Bidwell better get his check book out. Warner is a class act/hinting retirement, Fitzgerald is all world...Cards are a good team right now.....hope they stay near the top for awhile.

Very good game. Fun to watch for sure. Wanted the Cards to win, but it did come down to one bad pass by Warner.

Very good game. I thought AZ got hosed a few times with some shady calls.

Care to name them?
Only "Losers" blame officialshump

It was a real good game ... exciting right up to the end...Would have been nice for the players in Az to get the trophy... who have suffered under Bidwills crappy ownership....Time for them to step up and pay-up!

Care to name them?
Only "Losers" blame officialshump.
The one that sticks out the most to me is the personal foul call on Dansby for a late hit on berger. That dude is so big and hard to take down, don't give him calls like that. Another one that bothered me was Harrison punching #47 on the punt. Dude was face down the whole time and taking some pretty good cheap shots. They got the call but unfortunately it was for only a half yard.

It did seem like Pittsburgh got the calls. Especially when you challenge twice and win them both.

I saw too many chances for a tackle an AZ just did'nt make them, how many times was the dude hit on that run back in the first half? Also Pitt had people left wide open, I could have throw to them! That said I was really Pulling for AZ. John

I agree with Bugler on those two calls. The other two that stick out are the call against Wilson for "Roughing the Placeholder"?? WTF?? He was tripped and pushed into the guy. Even though it didn't change the score (they ended up with a field goal anyway), it did take a couple minutes off the clock that the Cards could have used at the end. The one that REALLY bothers me is the last play of the game. It looked to me like an incomplete pass and not a fumble. So explain to me, how with 5 seconds to go in a great game like this and that play DOESN'T get reviewed???? It doesn't mean that the Cards would have won, but it would have given them one more play. And even if they don't reverse the call, they should have taken the time to double check that one. And since there was less than 2 minutes left, the Cards couldn't initiate the challenge.

All of that said, I was very disappionted that the Cards let Pittsburgh just march down the field like that and score the winning TD. If they would have bucked up and played like they had the rest of the game, it would all be a moot point and the Cards would be the champs.

good game. didn't really care about it except for the bets I had. won on the over/under. had pitt to win outright and also the cards to cover the 6 1/2. hot damn got them both. as far as the calls. the dansby one was a correct call, but very weak. running into the holder was a correct call. the one that got me was the personal foul that cost pitt that 1/2 yard. need to redo that rule where if the whole penalty cannot be enforced, lose a down or something.

I.D /Guppie Calls are made in the blink of an eye from the "officials" pt. of view [ sometimes blocked/ obscured]... [ example]They could have Called Cards M. Gandy for holding/facemask at least 10 times they called 3....Don't understand your problem with the Harrison call "puching out Frisco...."IT WAS CALLED [ personnel foul] unless you wanted Harrison ejected...your flat wrong ... as the call was made... I.D said so [true]

Was that a real saftey? [ kept Cards in the game]....We could go on and on... But I even had guys at the party tell me S holmes DID NOT have bothg feet in bounds! W.T.F.!

Emotional attachment... blurs the vision of bias fans... Is anyone saying the N.F.L. is "FIXED"?....Bottom line is Cards LOST....I could have had an EXTRA $500. if they won..... No complaints here... Exiting Game good/bad officiating?? part of the Game...No show's were Antrel Rolle/Antonio Smith.....Dockett was superman..Fitz unstoppable....[crunch time].....Steelers WON....Game over.

I.D /Guppie Calls are made in the blink of an eye from the "officials" pt. of view [ sometimes blocked/ obscured]
My point exactly, thats why I thought that last play should have been reviewed.

To answer your question on Harrison, Yes, I think he should have been ejected. That was my problem with that call.

To be honest, I was celebrating the safety so much that I never did see a replay. I'll have to watch the game again on NFL network and see that one again.

I believe that Holmes scored that touchdown. My buddy that I was watching the game with was adamant that he only got one foot down. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Fact is, the official on the field looked at AND the play was reviewed. Maybe he really didn't get the other foot down, but there has to be incontrovertable evidence in order to overturn a play. I didn't see that, and that is coming from a Cardinals homer(Me).

I am in no way implying that the game was fixed.

I admit that I am a Cards homer. Maybe your view of the game was altered by your hatred of everything Bidwell.

I will tell you this. I read 4 separate articles by 4 different national sportswriters (not AZ guys) this morning. 3 of those 4 mentioned the poor officiating during the game. So it is not just me and Bugler that think there were questionable calls during the game.

what about the "using the ball as a prop" missed call on Holmes after he made the game winning touch down ? Cards would of had much better field position.

until this gets hashed out, probably should hold off on paying out on any bets I might have lost. :D
whatcha think NHY?

what about the "using the ball as a prop" missed call on Holmes after he made the game winning touch down ? Cards would of had much better field position.

probably should hold off on paying out on any bets I might have lost. :D
whatcha think NHY?
I think you should've stuck with the steelers....duh!

Santonio's Lebron copy was sweeter than Springsteen's off key crap.:D Celebration penalties are just plain stoopid.

Are you guys talking about the holding in the end zone safety?...easiest call of the entire game.

True, I dislike the Bidwills......If anyone has/had a bitch about officials it would be the Seahawks in their Superbowl vs. Steelers ...But was anything done Nope! ... What i am saying is THE BEST TEAM WON!....I bet the steeler fans would complain if "their team" lost... That Why I say.....Only "Losers" blame officials.....Poor officiating?? Maybe Comparative to WHAT???...
Why do we never hear ... that was the "best" officiating I ever Saw?hump

Hey I wish the Cards would have won They blew it:)....3 d'backs... Holmes make a great catch......NFL History will not show a "rating" on how the "officiating went"... Just that the Steelers Won|oo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back