Caribou Gear Tarp

WY antelope 2008

BuzzH

Went out the last few days hunting antelope. My wife and I drew an area on a second choice right close to town. Figured if we didnt draw our first choice area, may as well stay close.

Saw lots of antelope, but nothing of any real size...just tons of average antelope.

Filled a doe tag the first day with a shot at 158 yards. This was my 50th antelope...I never thought I'd bag that many when I started hunting them in the mid 1980's.

117.JPG

After spending a full day looking over several hundred antelope, we decided to just have a good time and take some bucks that offered good opportunities.

I found this one in a herd of over 100. There were 4 bucks all about the same as this one in the herd. It was a challenging stalk with lots of antelope. I got to 251 yards and this one seperated off from the main herd...big mistake for him.

120.JPG

My wife passed up some great opportunities, but finally decided to shoot this one. It was in a neat location and we were able to get really close, about 80 yards.

143.JPG

We usually take our Jack Russell out with us antelope hunting. That dog really enjoys hunting...in particular antelope.

145.JPG

Great pics Buzz, congrats to you and the misses.

Looks like the cows are keeping the grass nice and short in your buck picture, but the rabbitbrush looks good in the doe pic.:D

Good seeing your pup involved again.

Great goats, Buzz. Wow does that goat your wife shot have black sent glands or what.

My kid and brother drew for Beaverhead County so we'll brave the snow to see what's up.

That little dog cracks me up.. reminds me of an email of a guy, dog, and dead muley. Does he ever pull the "dirty Cheese" on your kills?

I guess I never said, but the dog is a she.

Even if my dog was a he, I dont think I'd let it pull a "dirty Cheese" on a dead animal.

Cheese is in his own league with that...wow!

Very nice!!!! Were those from where I think they were? If so, I didn't see the caliber of bucks there this year that I saw last year either. Same story was related to be by two different G&F officers.

Congratulations,nice looking antelope but they all look nice to me but I'm learning.Great job.

Very cool Buzz.

If a person can't find great joys in WY antelope hunting, he'd better get a new life.

Congrats to you and your wife.

I hope I can make it down in the next week to try fill an antelope tag.

Back