Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WY pronghorn down.

Tom

Pretty cool, get here early and scout and it pays off. We went three for three opening morning. We have more tags and are headed out for a late afternoon hunt now. Its near the Bighorn mountains and pretty too. Pretty warm, but the animals were out.:)

The trifecta? Man, congrats. Can't wait for the pics and stories
Good luck the rest of the way!

Nice job Tom. Are you hunting on public or private? Just curious as I've always wanted to hunt near the Bighorns.

I remembered ammo, but forgot my camera. My friends have pictures coming, but we have to transfer them.

We got another one today, but it was harder. There was a lot of shooting yesterday and the public land antelope have a new attitude. They can run, fast and far, and they did, many times, but I got another one today.

Two of us are still hunting. 3 bucks and 1 doe so far, but more to come.

I remembered ammo, but forgot my camera. My friends have pictures coming, but we have to transfer them.

We got another one today, but it was harder. There was a lot of shooting yesterday and the public land antelope have a new attitude. They can run, fast and far, and they did, many times, but I got another one today.

Two of us are still hunting. 3 bucks and 1 doe so far, but more to come.
Tom how has the trophy quality been for you guys. I remember Big Fin thought it was down in the part of the state he was hunting. How do you think it faired in your area?

Congrats on the goats and good luck to whats left.

Here's two from the fun hunt opening morning.

bobbys.JPG

He was following three does and walked right in front of us at about 75 yards. So, the practice on longer shots turned out to be overkill. We saw that group while scouting, and they were there again for the opening!

dicks.JPG

He went on a long walk to get him. Long for guys from Texas, about 1 mile.

We've not hunted this area before to compare quality. But, since there are so many and so many tags, that part is great. They say Wyoming has more pronghorns than the rest of the continent put together now. But some who have hunted here before that we've met at the campground say its not a great year, compared to others they've been here. Its warm, that's one factor.

We got the last two does, one yesterday and one this morning. WY is a neat place to hunt, especially since the pronghorn are so plentiful.

6 for 3, 6 in 3.5 days. We have enough, but could get more tags if desired.

abuck.JPG

The buck was just on BLM land, we saw him and his 8 does on the private land the day before. I rested my rifle on some methane vent tube thing to shoot him.

aprongdoe.JPG

Notice the methane processing equiptment and water.
I stalked her around a hill and came over and shot her in her bed.

aturkeys.JPG

Besides mule and whitetail deer we saw turkeys too. Its a neat area of WY.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and story. I'm leaving San Antonio in the morning to hunt Wyoming Antelope. I'll post pictures when I get back.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back