Jose are you cashing in today?

Nemont

Just wondering if you are cashing in on the short side of the market today. Looks like black Monday for much of the world. Appears to be a big vote of no confidence in the "bail out", euro banks collasping as well. Talk with a broker on Friday and he told me that I needed to sell 25% of my holdings and buy gold. Didn't do it.

I am sure glad I have no debt to speak of.

Nemont

No, not selling today, I kept thinking as soon as the votes are counted we get a rally. I am mystified that people don't know how bad this will shut down the economy.

Local paper had a story about a RV dealer who closed Friday, his business was down and the customers he had could not get financing. I read about a car dealer in Small Town, Utah who was going to miss payroll on Wednesday as his local bank was cutting his line of credit. He is the biggest employer in that town.

Cash is King, and I have enough to take advantage of some buying opportunities when I am satisfied the bloodshed is done. I am actually a bit lucky today on a down 4% day I am only down 2%.

There are some great buys out there. GE at 24 with a 5% yield, many names in the shipping industry, etc..... Apple at $100,

Ooops, just looked again and now down 6%.... that hurts.

Clearly something needs to be done, and the market dropping 400 points in 10 minutes is telling you that," said Chris Johnson president of Johnson Research Group. "This isn't a market for the timid."

Back