PEAX Equipment

MT pronghorn (doe hunt)

mtmiller

Decided to try one last lope hunt this year and still had a couple doe tags in my pocket.

This little guy was on the move early.
p1050010__large.jpg

I have not seen many doe at my waterhole, but this gal came in with a couple fellas.
p1050026__large.jpg

I hit her a little far back, but she wasn't going far. She didn't feel good, but the boys were ready to go.
p1050036__large.jpg

The two bigger bucks were putting on a good fight and a couple subordinates watched the action with me.
p1050043__large.jpg

Hey fellas, neither of you will be getting any.:D
p1050049__large.jpg

Pretty powerful fight.
p1050053__large.jpg

We have a winner.
p1050063__large.jpg

The loser gets a drink.
p1050090__large.jpg

The winner is looking for his reward.
p1050066__large.jpg

Come on honey, how about the best 10 seconds of your life.:D
p1050139__large.jpg

After a while I was able to sneak out and get a 40 yard shot on the doe. Several times during the wait I thought she was done, but would eventually pick her head up everytime. Not the perfect shot, but it worked out and she is in the frig. tenderlions tomorrow....
p1050258__large.jpg

Nice job lickbag and nice pictures. It seems that the last couple years it looks like the best time to sit in the blind for bucks is about now instead of August in the heat. I guess the rutting has them running more and drinking more as well wouldn't you say?

Nice job lickbag and nice pictures. It seems that the last couple years it looks like the best time to sit in the blind for bucks is about now instead of August in the heat. I guess the rutting has them running more and drinking more as well wouldn't you say?

I have only been doing the waterhole thing for the last 3 years, but if I could only hunt one week, I would still hunt August over mid-September (waterhole). The biggest buck in the area I hunted came in on the opener and I blew that shot. Since the rut kicked in, he is pretty busy keeping his does hidden in a coulee. Not sure where he is getting a drink, but it ain't where I am.

If not hunting water, this would be a great time to be out. JFYI, there were three different dominant bucks with does and many smaller bucks in the coulee you traveled every morning to your blind. Great opps for decoy or stalking.

I still think that small water hole SE of where I sat, South of you, may be a longer walk but a good one to sit on next time. Who knows, it is all 20/20 and I blew my shot on the same big one too. Besides, that other water hole is not visible from the road and would feel more relaxed putting a bling out there a lot earlier because of it.

awesome! IMO, The best sequence of pictures ever taken and posted by a HT member.

Wow....unbelievable!! That's is some cool sh.t there....I don't know how you do it time and time again but you do and thanks for sharin' it with all of us. Awesome...congrats on the tender eats too. :)

sweeeet pics! Congrats on the doe. BTW what kind of pants are those? Interesting camo pattern...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back