Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

I think I found my new career!!!!

Hntnhrd

There are a couple of you here that know I bought an outfitting business in southwestern Montana this winter. Well just finished up with the first hunter of the season. Fought a lot of hot weather but still managed to call in a small 6 that the hunter passed on a 30 yards. had a close call with a decent 5 saw a couple other bulls beyond range and he finally killed this bull on the last day.

Next group comes in today and with the weather getting cooler hopefully the success continues.

Nicely done. I am glad to see you doing as well as I hoped you would. Best of luck on the remainder of the season.

Regards,

Shortside

Do you have a website or a way of getting information about your outfit?

PM me if you would rather.

JUst got home from the second trip of the archery season. Four hunters in two seperate camps. Each hunter had at least one bull within 30 yards and no one could close the deal. Weather from snow to 75 degrees and sunny.

Just got the new website up about a month ago. www.huntmontanaelk.com
No other hunters till rifle season. Up dates then!!!

Good deal! One small suggestion, you may want to have a page dedicated just to pricing. I found a price, but it did not indicate deer or elk and was listed in between the packing list.

PS- Is this where I claim my hunttalk.com 75% discount? ;)

I checked the website and your right The pricing deal is in a weird place. Sent off an email to web guy to work on that. HUnts are mainly elk. There are a few muleys in the area and they are just a bonus to the elk hunts. No extra cost for shooting a deer except for the state taking on 100 bucks to get the deer tag.
Thanks for the input. You can get your 75 % discount direct from Moosie!!!!!!!!!!! Just ask him for the coupon!!!
I should have the hunting update page updated by tomorrow.

Good deal! I'll be on the horn with Moosie shortly... ;) Thanks for taking the suggestion, just trying to help. Though I don't go on or can afford many guided hunts, I do hate it when folks are a bit cryptic as to pricing on their web sites.

Been a long season but camps are broken down and down for the season. Had some really tuff weeks and some really easy ones. Ended my first year with 12 hunters taking 6 elk. 5 bulls and one cow. The last hunter was great. Weather turned off cold finally. We packed into camp in the afternoon. Unloaded the horses and put gear away. When we down there was two hours of daylight left. Had him suit up and head for one of the parks to take a stand. After climbing to the top of the ridge we could hear antlers banging together. We snuck to the edge of the park and there were two bulls pushing each other around. As I was glassing them the hunter was getting set up for the shot. There was a smaller 5 point and a decent 5 point bull. Third bull came out of the timber and one of the 5 points broke awayand the new bull strted to lock antleres with the smaller five point. The third bull turned out to be six point. When I let the hunter know I heard the safety click off. When they seperated the 6 point was standing broadside and the shot rang out. The bull stumbled and turned for the timber. I asked him to hit him one more time. The second shot dropped the bull and he started rolling to the bottom of the hill. BY dark we had the bull dressed and it started to snow. The next morning we lead the horses up to the bull and by noon we were back at the truck and headed home after the quickest hunt!!!
Here is his bull.

Congrats, Huntnhard! You've obviously found your niche! You should be getting calls via word of mouth through your guiding successes! Congrats again and best of luck with your business endeavors. I love hearing and seeing success stories!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back