Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT archery lope

schmalts

Got this one on the 3rd day of my Elk/lope hunt. Also got into a fight with one of the locals there, see video:D (click 3rd image of the little bastard)
MT_hunt08_012.jpg

badger1.jpg

badger.jpg

The bear pinata in action, and a wallow I found. Some nice countryside as well.
pinata.jpg

wallow.jpg

contryside.jpg

Congrats on the goat! You're becoming a regular antelope slayer.

Why were you backing up so quickly in the video, tough guy? :D

You wanna piece of me ? You better run fast to catch me then ;)

Nice setup on the man hammock !!

Why were you backing up so quickly in the video, tough guy? :D

I may be tough, but not BADGER TOUGH!:p

Fugg you Miller, I live there a few weeks a year in the fall so I am a part time resident:cool: I will be back again for the 3rd time in November to kill your deer and maybe an elk;)

Oh yea, the story... I spotted him in a box canyon while driving back to camp down a forest road. I drove past him a ways, got out the decoy and snuck over the end off one of the canyon hills (right side of picture) and put up the decoy. He saw it and ten steps, stand, ten steps, stand .... ect for about 10 minutes until he was in range. I was going to let him keep coming but he got spooky and turned and started quartering away but still in a distance that I had a mark on my slider sight so I let one go and he took off on a flat run with his head down. I put up the binos and saw the blood all over his side and the arrow hanging out the other side. He ran toward the road (cool!) and piled in about 100 yards or so, less than 60 yards from the road (cooller yet!).
I had just left a ranch house that I stopped to ask if I could hunt lopes and they told me they had a freezer too, and this was only 2 miles away so I didn't even go to the lope but instead hauled ass back to the house and asked them to plug the freezer in because I had meat on it's way. Went back, took photos, and had him boned out in a freezer in less than an hour. It was close to high noon when i got him.
Funny thing is he was less than 100 yards into the national forest, so i can say the hunt was public land. No shit, he piled up less than 100 yards of a big ENTERING US FOREST sign:p

Good looking goat and cooperative to boot. Pretty tough to beat that.

AS for playing with your new furry friend, have you ever seen the havoc those little bugger can reek? Me, I prefer weaponry rather then going hand to hand with those nasty little critters. ;)

What a guy! You mean you shot it on public land and you gave the meat to the people who said it was ok to hunt their private land.

Congratulations! Good luck on the elk part!

What a guy! You mean you shot it on public land and you gave the meat to the people who said it was ok to hunt their private land.

No, I just froze it there because they offered. I took the meat home as I have taken a liking to the stuff:D
I will probably send them a little something for Xmas for thier good deed of offering thier freezer and to keep ties open for possible future freezer use as well. I offered to pay them something for the use of the freezer for the week but they did not want to hear anything about it. I tried to tell them how much hassle they saved me for thier good will but they are just good people.

I had a guy do something pretty similar to that for me last year. He let me and a buddy kill a couple of does on his property. I was very thankful to him, and couldn't have been happier that he did.

Congrats on the goat schmalts. What is the hammock set up again?? I remember you doing testing of it a while back. Looks like the cats meow for spike camping. Any info??

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back