My Daughter's WY Speed Goat hunt.

Hiker

God blessed us with a great time hunting speed goats in WY. My friend Scott, my daughters, and I hunted hard but could only find one shooter. We covered a lot of country and saw 100's and 100's of pronghorns, including 20+ mature bucks. It was a drought year and it doesn't look like the horns grew very well. Lots of 12-13" bucks and some with a little mass. Jessica dropped the hammer on this one. This was Joanna's first hunt. It was such a blessing to hunting with my girls. They are troopers! The girls were determined to haul this goat out "on their own". I was willing to help.....but....stubborn kids. They must take it after their mother. LOL!

Attachments

• 08 girls WY hunt 3.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 08 girls WY hunt 4.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 08 girls WY hunt 5.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 08 girls WY hunt 1.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 234
  • 08 girls WY hunt 7.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 7.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 233
more photos.....

Scott officially said it measured 14" on one horn and just shy of 14" on the other. 3 inch. prong, so from the back of the horn it should go 5-5 1/2", I'm not sure on the circumference of the horns. She killed it with a 30-06, handloaded 150 grain hornady interbonds, handloaded by the master of handloading, Scott himself. The shot was close to 200 yards and she knocked him off of his feet with one shot, "Annie Oakley" while approaching her buck saw him move, so she shot him again, he still flinched so she put another one in his chest. I couldn't help but laugh and say that will teach him for flinching.... here's some photos of the hunt. I re sized them, so hopefully they'll load faster. Lord willing, I'm planning on going back up and hopefully I can find a good one.

Attachments

• 08 girls dragging.jpg
    08 girls dragging.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 234
  • 08 girls dragging2.jpg
    08 girls dragging2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 08 girls dragging1.jpg
    08 girls dragging1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 08 girls WY hunt 6.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 08 girls WY hunt 8.jpg
    08 girls WY hunt 8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 229
great job and way to take lots of pictures and then sharing them.Good luck when you go back.

Great pics and experience. The daughter's looks must also take from mom's side.:D

The second to the last pic is priceless.

"Wow, he grew quite a bit on the drag back"

Great work. My 2 year old daughter says "Shoot antelope....meee!" when she see my wifes goat (which is hanging in our living room).

Love seeing kids work. I bet "dad" was like.. "No really... keep dragging it, I'm jsut going to take a few pictures then I'll help". :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back