MT pronghorn done

mtmiller

Not much for drawn out hunting stories, so here is a quick summary of today in the blind.

Decided to take the day off and chase pronghorn (or have them come to me)today.

I missed a very nice buck on the opener and have been trying to wait for him to show up again. Tried to decoy him on Sunday, but he wasn't fallin' for it. I decided this morning if a decent one showed up I was slinging.

Here is one I passed up last week. Although not a great buck, he has character.

p1030681__large.jpg

Action was pretty good this morning, although most were dinks. Still big fun.

p1040124__large.jpg

Bastage is giving me the tongue.:D
p1040125__large.jpg

Another dink at 36 yards.
p1040138__large.jpg

Couple thirsty pups.
p1040164__large.jpg

Cautious coming in...
p1040156__large.jpg

...but falls for it anyway.
p1040169__large.jpg

My buddy passes through, but decides not to partake.

p1040201__large.jpg

I decided if he comes back I will pull the trigger...he did...so I did.
p1040928__large.jpg

Axl also made an appearance.
p1040968__large.jpg

Took many pics this season and will try to add some later. thanks for looking....

Congrats! Pretty great buck if you ask me.. cool looking prongs! Great photos as usual.

That's a very cool looking buck. Thanks for posting all the pics. Congrats!

cool, you finnaly got that one. Did you try any more decoy stuff? How far did he go after the shot?
I see Ax took a victory lap in the pond for you

Very nice!!! Reminds me a bunch of the buck my dad took last year in WY. As usual great pics, especiall the one where you got the two dinks into the frame.

Does Axl sit in the blind with you?

Naw, he has to stay at the pickup and has been known to defend another waterhole in the area.;) I think he would be OK in the blind until something came in and I got ready, then that leg-breaker of a tail would be a problem.:D

cool, you finnaly got that one. Did you try any more decoy stuff? How far did he go after the shot?
I see Ax took a victory lap in the pond for you

It was wet Sunday, so I tried to decoy the big guy that chased this guy off. I got into 200 yards before putting up the decoy, but he didn't go for it. I played the game for about 20 minutes, but he finally took his does and headed out. Yesterday he was about 400 yards north of your blind with a dozen does.

He went about 75 yards before piling up, but when I went to get him, his head popped up and he headed into a coulee.:BLEEP: 250 yards later and another arrow he was done. He lost a little hair on the drag out and I worked up a sweat.:D

Very cool Miller. That buck redlines the character meter, and like any animal taken with a bow, is a true trophy. Very cool pics and story.

Now, will the next goat you shoot will have white hair? Good luck on that hunt.

Back