Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Does anyone got any projects going?

chasendeer

The forum seems to be dead, just trying to peek interest. It's quite nice to view the projects that people are working.
Jay

Man.... good question. I've been doing nothing. Well, not much. I have a couple things in the works for a new Business but not much besides that. More on Monday about that though. It's been a long time since I've been this dull.

Good question.
I am looking into a new business in the outdoors. Just can't take up too much hunting time.
So far it looks pretty promising.
Now for the whole getting enough guts to jump part....

I myself have a rental unit that I'm remodelling, but next Friday I'm going elk hunting in the middle fork. That is going to slow it down.
Jay

Escaping the madness of multiple projects here for a few days of biking the 3 sisters in the Texas Hill country down near Tom's neck of the woods.

Just bought a dump truck to convert to a swabbing rig. I guess we are going in the well swabbing business. The machine shop,tent rental and mini storage just isn't enough.:confused:

I thinking I'm going sell the gas rights to our property. My neighbor sold his and they drilled a deep well into the marcellus gas and he gets 7,000.00 A month royalty check. My friend who holds leases on 400 acres was offered 1,000.00 an acre. He's going to do it cause some of the land owners are a pain in the butt. Another guy, a mechanic at a local trucking firm, just retired on 37,000/month from 6 gas wells on his property.http://www.timesleader.com/news/hottopics/shale

I have got a bunch of stuff going on. As far as personal projects I have the pedestal for an antelope almost done. I am going to start building some log furniture as well here very shortly, going to start with a bed. Job related projects have a ton. I have to install a sound system in our youth room, should sound great. Going to revamp the website for the church as well as soon as hunting season is over, it needs a facelift.

just bought a place that needs rehabbing. other than that, not much except getting ready to hunt.

ya i bought a house a few months back and need some work so ill prob start on that. hurt my knee today out hiking so i think im going to give that a rest and work on that or work on my car that im building from scratch.

Just bought 17.5 acres next door with a modular home on it. Kicked out the deadbeats, have been cleaning the place up, terminated utilities, now am trying to get the modular sold and removed. If it's not gone in about a month, I think I'm gonna dig a big hole alongside it, burn and bury the remains.
When I get everything cleaned up, gonna put the acreage into trees and permanent wildlife habitat.

Steiny,

List on Craigslist for Free, and you will have a dozen people fighting over it.

I have cleaned up a couple of properties with "Free Stuff" on Craigslist being the means of disposal.

I'm very busy in the shop, I always have a few projects going, from perserving a piece of furniture from the late 1700's to gilding an old mirror frame.
Last week I went down town DC to spend a few hours on a project of touching up some faux painted trim at a elete gentmans clubs and I meet the manager of another club there. She was introduced to me by the manager of this club and he told her who I was and she said ; So your one of those guys who died and came back to life to restore our old furniture and painting? I said you mean a renaissance man? Ya that it. I need you for allot of work paintings and furniture for conservation work and then she said: I know all the club managers in the DC area and I should talk to them for you so you can hire yourself out to all of them for the Big Bucks.

Now what am I going to do with Big Buck's ? LOL

I will not have time to hunt or watch my son play soccer or even spend time painting Elks.

I am at a cross road.

My latest project. Just bought a turn key operation, 2 horse's, all the tach and a 2 horse trailer. Now I've got to teach my boys to ride so we can hit the hills. Both horse's are solid in the mountians and gentle enough I've taken my 75 yr old mother on a couple rides. The original deal was for two horse's one of which was a little pinto pony that the women said had to go with the other horse. I promised her I'd purchase them together and within a couple days traded the little pinto off on another full size horse. I promised to purchase them together not keep em together. So Lightning and Teeter are the new venture but with twin boys that want to go ride every day I see another hayburner in the spring. I'll have to upgrade the trailer to a 4 passenger also.

Lightning on the left an Arabian/Quarter horse cross and Teeter a Peruvian/ Tennesse Walker on the right.

123-1.jpg

Mom and Lightning

1234.jpg

Mom and Teeter

123.jpg

Been thinking about hiring some girls to work out of the back of the store, you know the kind. Been having tryouts for a couple days, but they just can't seem to make the sinkers quick enough.

For us, the wifes business is going good.Otherwise, just trying to remodel this outdated condo so when the market turns around we can sell it and get the hell out of anchorage.

Back