Montana sheds

thecrittergitter

Well, only made it out a couple days this year (4) but didn't fare out too bad. Got a lot of excersise anyway and most days i went was discouraged right away watching over 90% of the bulls still packing. SHould have went back later but was very short on a key factor...............time:)

Attachments

• Packin Bone 2.jpg
    Packin Bone 2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 679
  • mats 356 set 2.jpg
    mats 356 set 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 688
  • Dead 7x8 2.jpg
    Dead 7x8 2.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 687
  • Dead bull 1 2.jpg
    Dead bull 1 2.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 694
  • Matts first two browns 08 2.jpg
    Matts first two browns 08 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 682
Nice finds. That heavy bull is a stud. Looks like his sheds on your pack though, did they just come off when you pulled on them?

yep, those are on the pack in that picture. Yea, came off by pulling them....with a little help from the ol wyoming saw:) Hate finding them dead like that, would much rather pick up the sheds. Both of those bulls were laying 30 yards apart.....................some poor marksmanship followed by extremely poor effort to find them would be my guess?? But who know, they could have coincidentally died at the same time frame and same spot>:rolleyes:

I would have cut the skull plate off but it was all i could do to saw with one hand and plug my nose with the other, wasn't going to pack that stinky thing all day.

Damn dude that is a stud bull. Congrats on the finds. You can still head back and find the other bulls sheds.

That is why I never go lookin for sheds without a couple trash bags and electrical tape in my pack. Bundle them up and you never smell them on your pack.

Darn good finds!

Here were a couple that we found that stunk bad and we fought the smell anyway. plus a few sheds.

Attachments

• Another Dead BUll.JPG
    Another Dead BUll.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 643
  • dandy set.jpg
    dandy set.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 629
  • one day in new area.jpg
    one day in new area.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 638
  • Wolf Kill.jpg
    Wolf Kill.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 629
Man that is a lot of dead bulls. BUMMER..... a couple of those would have been awesome this year. I finally found your secret to success. It's in the first picture of the last bunch you just posted. A nice crown royal bag EMPTY. Secrets out dude I expect to find sheds like that now. :)

IdahoBugler, dammit, you nailed it.............LOL. I was wondering how many people were going to notice the "water bottle" holder. Helps achy muscles toward the end of the day, we use it for medicinal purposes.....LMAO

The two bulls from the first post appeared to be rifle kills shot and lost. From the second post the first one looked to be and archery or rifle kill shot and lost judging by timeframe. The last one unfortunately was very clear. The wolves got that one. They ate about 1/4 of it and that was it. Wolf tracks, crap and scattered hair told a pretty telling tale.

Id think finding all those nice bulls lost by hunters in a small area...you'd have a pretty good idea where to go hunting this fall..

Have you taped that big extra pointer???

Well, the first set of pics were bulls that were killed in one area. The second set of pics were about 200 miles from there. Big heavy bull was 342". I would have to go back and look but he was really narrow, low 30's on spread and his main beams were relatively short. Mass scores were good though:)

Back