Tick removal tool.

pa mt man

I hate ticks. I got one a few years back and freaked out. It was in a spot I couldn't work on (tender under belly). Told my wife to cut out any thing that doesn't belong there.:)
So we have been watching my daughters dog for a week while she went to a wedding and on Sunday my wife calls me in the bathroom. She had scraped a tick off her side,behind her arm, before she realized what it was. I dug for 30 minutes with a magnafing glass, needles and tweezers for the remains before giving up.

My wife called this morning and left a message saying the dog has a tick on it and to come home and take it out. My daughters coming to get the dog today and my wife thinks I'm going to leave work and do this.:confused::mad:

I was telling my buddy about the ticks since he's infested with them and he said he carries a tool to pull them off. He dropped it off and it's like a little crow bar. I went hunting on the net and found this. I'm thinking about getting one.http://www.codaproducts.com/?pageid=1&lang=en Did any of you guys use one of these or something better than this crow bar.

I'd use the crowbar on a dog but I'd like to use something better on the wife next time she gets a tick. :)

It was in a spot I couldn't work on (tender under belly). Told my wife to cut out any thing that doesn't belong there.

LMAO!
Brave Man.

I have a tick removal tool that I got at REI a few years back. They don't have it on their website but they have them in the store. It is made of thin stainless steel and has a "V" slot in one end. The tool is about 2.5" long and .75" wide with a little keychain attached.

It only cost about $2.00 and I have taken out about 40 ticks with it. On myself (2 or 3), kids (about 15, I was a Scoutmaster) and the balance on the dogs. The hair on the dogs can be a problem but I think I only have had one or two failures. Otherwise it worked everytime. You slide it under the tick between his head and body and lift gently. Whammo the tick doesn't like the feel and lets go. Squish and he's done.

2 tools that I know of. number 1, if you don't, start smoking. used to smoke and never got ticks. number 2, long needle nosed pliers. the angled ones work the best.

Gotta be careful with that TLC...

There is a possible tendency with pliers to squeeze ick from the tick back into you before you extricate the little bugger

That's a cool little lasso there Pa Mt...

I wonder if one could consider himself a cowboy after lassoing ticks all day... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back