Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ira

1 roth with another wife

Did you just say you have 2 wives ?!?!?! ;)

Seriously though, I just have one. We used to each have a 401-k with each company. We had disolved those accounts and with my new company I have a Simple IRA. Unfortunately with a Simple IRA, I can't "borrow" againt it if I would need money for any reason unlike a 401-k.

We are thinking about starting a school investing acount for the boys, but haven't done that yet.

Are you sure you have 2 Roth IRA's? Do you split your annual contribution between them or did you switch companies and leave 1?

I have a Roth (wife has a roth also), and a self directed, which is just a roll over 401(K) from another employer, then my company 401. My wife also has PERSI.

From a fee standpoint you should consolidate the Roths.

I have 2. One from a previous job that i rolled over into a different fund company.
Both are taking a beating this year. I also have 2 roths. One i started on my own, one at work.

A beating is an Understatement !!! Fortunately I don't have much in yet so as it drops, I buy more shares cheaper... YAH, thats the way to look at it.... |oo|oo

Schmalts, remember that post when you were bragging about your returns in November ? that was about the week the stocks started the downwirl spiral... Please don't brag on your returns again like that.. Or at least warn us :eek::eek:

I used my roth in the down payment on my house four years ago. My home has appreciated over 8% a year. Taking in account that I no longer pay rent that return goes through the roof. I have a couple 401ks from past jobs that are pretty lack luster right now. My current job has a simple plan that I had been dumping into a money market, because I thought the market was overvalued. In late January I switched it over to a few mutualfunds. Buy low sell high baby....

Back