Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Lope Mount complete

schmalts

lost that other thread cause of the hackers. Buzz, I am damn glad i took those reference photos of the nose and you pointed out that little vertical fold there. I was so fixed on the vertical line that you were talking about that I didn't even notice that the nose pad was way too small and most of it had been tucked into the nostrils because the short nosed form. I looked at the reference photos yesterday when i was molding in the little vertical nose parting seam with some sculpt epoxy and suddenly noticed i needed to add a ton of material to the pad to make the nostrils long and narrow instead of round like they were. I bet I used a good nickle sized ball of sculpt epoxy to build it up! By comparing it with my reference photos i am really happy with the results. It is a tad wide in the center but not as bad as the pictures make it look because of the lack of depth in the photo. Here are a few pictures of the finished product, and the last one of him in his final resting place on the wall. The wife loves it too!
07%20lope%20032.jpg

P1040143.jpg

P1040148.jpg

P1040150.jpg

P1040156.jpg

Looks good, wish I had the skill, time or patience to do my own. I may have missed them some time earlier, but what are the measurements on the horns?

Schmalts, it looks like you are running out of wall space. Nice trophy wall. It looks good.

Schmalts,

Looks good...nice work.

If I draw an oryx in NM...I'll be asking you a few questions.

You cant look at too much reference.

Schmalts,

Looks good...nice work.

If I draw an oryx in NM...I'll be asking you a few questions.

You cant look at too much reference.

Results should be coming out soon for the Orxyhump I didn't put my wife in this year, It just slipped my mind this year. Buzz, if you ever get drawn, that is some first rate table fare. A bit tough, but the best burger you will ever get from a hunted animal IMO, and the wife's.

Looks good, wish I had the skill, time or patience to do my own. I may have missed them some time earlier, but what are the measurements on the horns?

Measurements or final score? Stan measured him, I don't recall what the final score was but 80 4/8 comes to mind. The drought made him stubby and beformed prongs but had killer mass all the way through. He was about 15 3/4 on one side and 15 1/2 the other.
There is one thing you can't see that is really cool is that there is a 1/2 inch stick grown into the right horn. The hairs actually wrapped around it as it grew and it it embedded it the horn. Really neat.

Thanks,

I would have guessed him longer, must be the mass throwing me off. He's a great pronghorn no matter what he measures, I know I certainly would have pulled the trigger and been real happy.

That looks really good!! I can't find the score sheet, just the gross and net score I wrote down on a business card. After it was caped, I came up with 80 2/8 gross and 79 0/8 net.

Don't know if you have posted some trophy room pictures but I sure would like to see some of your mounts and how you have them arranged.

Back