Caribou Gear

Alaska float for moose/caribou

the nikster

I am going to Ak again. All my friends are broke.
Anyone want to tag along?
I have to rent a raft but have most other items.
I won't bore everyone with all the details but I will say this: I have immensely enjoyed every second in AK and you will too!
I am going to vacation in Germany for the next week then I will be online again so don't be too worried if I am slow to reply.
I have already been working details out with transporters too.

I am using one of those guys who requests that I remain vague on the boards. He does not want a bunch of his "secrets" out.
I am going to be hunting for moose primarily with caribou a distant second.
I will be hunting from Sept 5 through the 20th.
I expect my portion to run about $4,000, maybe a little less if I have a partner.
No, all of the details are not yet worked out as I have no commitments from a partner but, I have contacted my guy several times and he says I still have a small window.
I will be back in the states on the 10th of January. On the 11th I am going to give him a call and define everything. So if anyone thinks they might be interested, e-mail, pm, whatever.

Yes, he is a planner.
I have got the dates exact now-Sept 8 I enter the bush- Sept 21 I leave the bush.
Air from lower 48 to field is about $800
air from field to bush is $750 per hr divided by number of hunters with 2/3 hrs expected.
Pro pioneer raft rental is $300 per week including everything needed to raft.
Iridium phone is rented.
I am obviously still looking for a partner. I will go alone but would prefer to have someone else along.
It seems like it will cost about $2500 to go with me-not including success! What I mean is if you get one you have meat shipping/taxidermy etc.

If I do not draw an Elk tag i would be interested. If i do draw an elk tag i would be looking for something like this for next year.
What kind of success did you have last time?

Good luck with your draw.
I should be able to 'add a friend' just about any time up til about August.
Then things would be a little dicey for rentals and such.
I have been on 2 caribou drops. 1 alone and 1 with my brother. I saw several thousand caribou on each trip but never fired a shot. I like to have a top tier animal and only saw 1 outstanding bou-first minutes of first day. I have seen more than a dozen brownies and 6 or 7 blackies. I have also seen more than a dozen bull moose, more than half of which were legal.
I will be hunting an area with some of the highest moose densities in the state. I do not expect to be alone on the river, but, I intend to move away from the main channel and harvest a monster (just like everyone else).

I know who you booked with and you picked a good one. He set up a moose hunt for me 2 years ago and we did a float hunt for caribou last year. You should do well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back