Caribou Gear

My pheasant opener

Nemont

My pheasant opener was a little busier then I would have liked. My son had to be on the bus for Football at 5:30 am, my middle daughter had to be on the bus for Volleyball at 6 am and my oldest had a volleyball game here in town. So I only had an hour or two to squeeze in a hunt.

Jess and I scratched out a quick limit of roosters and beat feet back home to watch my oldest play volleyball.
PA120984.jpg

Sunday I had the entire day and a buddy of mine has been bugging me for a couple of years to hunt his brother's place. So Sunday morning found us up and chasing birds again.

Some of the country we hunted. Not your typical pheasant habitat but I guess nobody told the pheasants.

PA130991.jpg

PA130993.jpg

Anyway we limited out on roosters and I shot one sharpie that had a death wish.

PA130987.jpg

PA130990.jpg

Nemont

Good stuff, Nemont. I was beginning to wonder when we would start seeing Nemont Family pictures.

Your bird photos are so nice - mine are pretty sucky. Vehicle, shotgun, cup of keg beer, and birds.

Attachments

• BirdsTruck.jpg
    BirdsTruck.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 54
Your bird photos are so nice - mine are pretty sucky. Vehicle, shotgun, cup of keg beer, and birds.

looks like you found a few as well. I have to find a place to pose the birds because I don't shoot as many at time as you do:D I will have a tailgate shot after tomorrow with about that many birds. Good job on the sucky picture.;)

Nemont

My goal with pheasant hunting opening day was to get my limit as quickly as possible then retreat to the safety of the vehicle. Platoons of guys with shotguns and piles of flying targets aren't my cup of tea.

That big hail storm in Glasgow took care of enough birds that there wasn't a crowd. If you know where to look though there were still plenty of birds.

You should know that over there opening day is a freaking zoo. December is the time to hunt over there. Nobody is around and you can hunt in peace course the roosters are pretty smart by then.

Nemont

Nemont, how right you are. I was only over there because my sister flew into town with her husband and some friends. But of course we had to get out and participate. My dad sets some of his stuff off limits - then later in the season sometimes I go home hit the places the birds haven't been pressured.

My liver took a worse beating than the birds.

Attachments

• Birdpile.jpg
    Birdpile.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 55
This is my bird cleaning helper.

Attachments

• Olivia_Bird.jpg
    Olivia_Bird.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 53
Greenhorn, those look like some B&C pheasants and huns. Good photography. Great shot of your bird cleaner, too.

Between Nemont and Fam.. And Greeny and Crew, I'm not sure if there are many birds left for later in the year ?!??!

Great pics both of you.

Our resident only opener was great. Lot's of pheasants this year, but very few grouse.

Back