Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Is this big for Idaho?

wilecoyote76

I know you guys have seen a glimpse of these antlers before but here are a few more at different angles.

My youngest brother picked up this freakin' monster just a little while after I shot my deer here in Idaho this week. To say he was surprised when he picked this up was an understatement. Tell me what you think. We guessed the antlers to be 8-10 years old due to the condition they are in. It is a 9x12 or 10x12 or something x something!! I would have freaked if I would have seen this buck alive. It is quite a find regardless of its age or condition. This buck has it all - trash, cheaters, droppers, etc! Oh, it is 33 1/2" wide with cheaters, main frame is 28 1/2".

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

Great antlers, but I have no idea on your question. I think what it really comes down to is there are smart deer in every area that never get seen and I would guess that this is one of them, they are there just really hard to find.

Is this big for Idaho?

I would say Uhhhh yah ? I would also say the Buck you took is big for Idaho, In a general hunt like the one you do in.... Uhhhhh Unit 1 :p

There are pleanty big bucks and a select few get killed every year. Not many people Hunt Mule deer right. I talked a long time with Bugler about this on our last trip. Alot of people hunt hard, and sometimes WAY TOO HARD for them smart bastages but don't hunt Smart. Time to start changing ways and taking a few good ones out of the hills !!!!

Good find Amigo ! Are you gonig to restore it or leave it ol' natural ?

Very nice deer for anywhere. Love the mass it carries at the top.

I'd put the 'age' of them closer to 20-25+, it takes a very long time for them to start falling apart. They very well could be twice that old. I have some yard horns that I know stat out in the flowerbed for over 30 years, then were leaning against a retaining wall for another 10-12 that are in about the same shape as that one.

I know of a pile of anlters that are have been there for my entire life, 36 years and were there when my family bought the place in 1956, 51+ years old. They look about the same condition as those. All though it is hard to beleive they laid in the woods that long.

No those are small !! Ican I have them ???? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS UNREAL !! what year did you pic them up ???

Wow, what a fantastic find....and I have to agree with some of the others.....out on the Ranch, my dad has many sets of muley and whitetail racks tacked up on the railroad ties on the front of the corral........the majority of them were shot in the late 50's and early 60's, and being they are off the ground, they look a tad better than that........my guess is this rack is in the 40+ year old range, which makes this find even more unreal !!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back