Another pack full

TBinKodiak

Well I have over 60 hours of comp time so I figured I'd burn a day yesterday and go deer hunting. I went to my normal area, but instead of going up the mt I usually do I went up the far mt. I had seen a few bucks in this area while hunting so I figured I'd run into one. I told my wife when I left that I was going to fill the freezer with the first buck I saw (duck hunting opens Monday). Well that's what I did, and of course while I was working my way down to this guy I jumped a bigger one. Oh well, he wasn't that much bigger so it wasn't that big of a deal. Made a pretty nice 300 yard shot on him though, figured I'd stretch the barrel on the 300 wsm to see what it could do. He went about 50 yards and I didn't ruin a bit of meat on him other than a couple ribs. The pics don't show it but we had gusts to 50mph, pretty windy. I'd also climbed a mt and drug a deer straight uphill 50 yards to get him out of the alders before these pictures were taken. I still have 2 tags for off the roadsystem so hopefully I'll nail a big one over on Raspberry or Afognak later this fall.
Like I said, it was a meat hunt
2007Buck1.jpg

My hunting buddy got a little warm too.
2007Buck2.jpg

The timer died on my camera so the only pictures I have of me are holding the camera out as far as I could and smiling like an idiot. :D
2007Buck3.jpg

Appears the distant mountain made you sweat a little bit.

Good deal TB, 34 more days 'til I'm in Kodiak (weather permitting). I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to forget. Have you ever encountered any bear when your dog was with you? Any early warning with the power of his nose?

--Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back