Opener is in the books

mtmiller

I have had a few wonderful openers over the last few years, but this one wasn't a banner. I did get my limit of ducks both days, but not the bags I was dreaming of.

My old Panasonic finally crapped out on me, so no pics from the pond, only our ducks after getting back to dry ground. Glad I picked up a new camera for my Alaska hunt just in case.

Anyway, here are the results from opening day. Not many mallards were falling for my spread, so I put the hurt on wigeons. I was able to make them all drakes and one is one of my best colored drakes to date. There is also a ringneck in the bunch, my first.
P1000213crop.jpg

Here are the results from day two. I had very few opps on the mallards, but for once I shot pretty straight. My sixth bird was a bwt. I was hoping for a pintain or can, but they just weren't around.:(
P1000236crop.jpg

Axl was wonderful. He found four of my cripples today that were deep in the bulrush. He is one worn out pup, but happy.

Nice work mt...no waterfowl for me this weekend, chasing elk took priority. It probably won't be much longer til the bwt are southbound for good. Again, good work.

I was hoping to see some photos this evening. Good job on the hunt. Short sleeves...looks like the weather was too good for duck hunting. Too bad about the camera. Mine acted up briefly again while I was in AK, but I took a backup just in case.

Go Axl....

I don't know much about duck hunting, but I do know I'm envious as hell of your dog.

My dog...let me rephrase the wife and kids' dog is pathetic little kick dog. Over a year old and still can't figure out it isn't suppose to piss and shit on the floor. Cockapoo my ass...that dog is simply a @#)(#.

Nice pics as always!

My opener is also in the books. I will post pics when I get them uploaded.

mtmiller great pics as usual and congrats to Axl. Did you hunt your usual place? We were in the fields chasing geese both Sat and Sun morning and then shooting some ducks afterwards. Lots of gadwall and a few teal but only one mallard.

Nemont

Nice limits miller....Ovis LMAO! That's why they make those fuggers so hairy it's so you can mop the floor up with em'!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back