Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2007 WY elk

BuzzH

558.JPG

The last 3 days have been unbelievable.

IDbugler and I spent a couple days hunting together seeing some fantastic bulls. We found a big six point with a bunch of cows in an opening. We decided he was a good bull and put a sneak on him. We got down there in time to see a really big 7x6 walk up and proceed to get in a fight with the big six point. The big six point came by us at 20 yards but neither of us could get a shot. IB continued to call and I saw a cow headed my followed by a big six point. I took a shot at 25 yards and missed, hitting a limb and sending the arrow over its back. IB was able to catch all the action on film.

That night we found the 7x6 again but didnt push the issue as he had 19 cows with him.

The following evening IB found the 7x6 again, bedded. He got to 60 yards but couldnt get a shot.

The following morning I decided to take my Dad and Brother along to get in on some of the action. We immediately heard bulls screaming after we got to our spot. We pursued one growly bugle and it turned out to be a nice, nice six point but he had cows and wouldnt come in. We pushed him for a mile or so, seeing him twice, but never closer than 100 yards. We finally hit a clearing and decided to take a break when a bull bugled behind us. He bugled again a few minutes later and it was much closer. We snuck down into the trees just in time to see the bull walking right toward us. I quickly knocked an arrow and got set. He walked up to 50....40...bugled right in our faces...up to 30.

When he stepped behind some lodgepole, I drew my bow and shot him when he walked out the other side. WHAAACKKKK...not the best shot but he didnt go far and was having trouble standing and holding his head up. He finally walked out of our sight after standing for 10 minutes in one place. We decided to leave him for at least an hour. Luckily, my brother Matt had caught the entire thing on video...truly great video. When I was watching the video...I about came unglued when I saw the small 6th point...I had shot the big 7x6. After about 20 minutes there was about 20 seconds of loud crashing right where I'd last seen the bull. He was down for the count, I was sure, but gave him another hour to be safe.

I walked down to where I'd heard the crashing and couldnt believe what I saw...

558.JPG

Another look:

560.JPG

And one of Dad, Matt, and I.

575.JPG

Not real sure on the score as I havent had time to even put a tape on him. I'm confident he's over 350.

IDB is here... we're looking at that bull on video......

Nice !!!!!!! Catch up with ya tomorrow.

super job---yea I'd say 350ish also is in the bag---little tough to judge accurate from the pics--but who cares---very, very nice bull....again mega congrats.......chris

WTG Buzz and crew!! That is a awesome story and a great bull and to get it all on video and with a bow. Very very cool... Congrats to all on a job well done. That's team work.

Great bull Buzz, thanks for getting the story & pics up so quickly. Truly aswesome archery hunt.

Congrats Buzz great bull and great story!!! The pic with your dad and Matt will one to cherish for a lifetime.

Nemont

Back