Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

NM Pronghorn

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
With the pics that showed up the last few days while I was in New Mexico, I am almost half-scared to post a picture of an antelope.

Hell, there's Muley's grizz/'bou pics, Greenhorn's monster moose, and Buzz's smoker bull. The Hunttalk gang seems to be taking no prisoners this year.

Anyhow, here is a New Mexico buck I shot yesterday. Not the best of pics. Nicest buck we saw in two days of scouting and one day of hunting, but nothing to get too excited about. A little over 15", but not the mass I was expecting.

New Mexico has a weird system. You apply, and if successful, you get assigned a ranch. No hunting public ground, etc., like in other states.

If you get a good ranch, lucky you. Or, you may get a ranch that was pretty marginal, like ours was. Not sure how tags get allocated and how hunters get assigned, but it is definitely a unique system. And, the season is only two days long.

We did have a great time, which is what it is all about. Will add pics of my son's buck as soon as I can find the memory card he pulled from his camera.

Happy Hunting!

View attachment 5194

Found my son's memory card. The second biggest buck located in three days. Not what you would expect in NM, but still hunting and still a lot of fun.

View attachment 5195

Attachments

• IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1817.JPG
    IMG_1817.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 374
Dandy buck. You are tearing up the lopes this year. Looking forward to seeing your sons also.

Time spent with your son is hard to beat.
That's a trophy he will remember all his days Fin.
Congrats on two great goats!

Great goats Big Fin. To bad you can't "pick your ranch". I saw some smoking goats just south of Raton, standing beside the railroad tracks, among the cows.

Nice job, once again. Thanks for the pics. Hope to get out and chase them in the next couple of weeks.

Randy,

Finally had a chance to see the vid...pretty sweet.

I applied for a lope tag down there in 2006, but didn't draw. Didn't put in last year because of Kodiak, but am thinking about it again for '08. Sounds as if you were less than enthused with your ranch, but would you roll the dice again?

thanks and congrats on another great season for you and your son....

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back