Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New toy

Oak

Expert
Probably not necessary, but fun! My wife isn't quite as impressed as I am with the quality construction, incredible image and lifetime warranty.:D Gonna have to get in better shape to pack the thing, though.

scope.jpg

Impressive Oak !
Did you do the comparison with Leica and Swaro, or were you set on the Zeiss from the get go ?
I just got a new optic toy also, but it's not in the same ballpark as yours. A pair of 15X58 Minox binos for tripod glassing.

A-con, yeah I went down to Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and made the poor old fart drag all kinds of scopes and tripods outside. Spent about an hour looking through different glass. Then I was a real bastard and went home and ordered it on-line for $400 less than SW. I thought the Swarovski, Zeiss and Leicas were all really comparable as far as clarity. The Zeiss really had much better color trasmission to my eyes. The other two were crystal clear, but colors seemed really washed out. The image through the Zeiss seemed much more vivid, if that makes sense. I think the HD version of the Swaro might be comparable, but I didn't look through one.

Ovis, that's an excellent idea. He did tell me to bring my scope, but I imagine he was thinking of my old 60mm Redfield and one pound tripod. :D

Nice work... I almost bought one of them last week, but figured my wife would hang me, since a new pair of "green" binos just showed up at the house. :)

I take it that you got the 80mm? Did you compare it to the 65mm?

Yeah, I compared the 65 and 85mm. I was in bright sunlight and the images were comparable. I think the difference will show up in low light situations.

I'm jealous of your green binos. I think I used up my optics purchasing power for the next couple of years. :D

NIce work. I've been packing my 80 Swarovski with full sized manfrotto tripod around everywhere. It's good for you - and great for glassing.

Back