Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Few lope pics from today

mtmiller

Decided to get out and enjoy the 100 degree day up here on the Hiline. Fire danger is extreme right now and there is plenty of fuel, so my off-road scouting was from the bicycle. Axl wasn't impressed with the heat, but was glad we stopped at every waterhole so he could cool down and I could see what type of use was occurring.

Anyway, no monsters seen, but I will shoot any decent buck that comes in and that would include any of these bucks I have pictured.

This guy was about 1/4 mile from a huntable waterhole.
P1050067.JPG

Here is another angle.
P1050078.JPG

Here is a group of does and fawns that are on reservoir too big to hunt.
P1050162.JPG

Two of the bigger bucks that were in a bachelor group of six.
P1050115.JPG

Decent buck with a few does in the area.
P1050166.JPG

Another view of the same buck.
P1050278.JPG

Found one water hole that I really like, now I just need to get permission to hunt it. Got on last year, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

later and good luck to those chasing prongs with the stick and string this year...

Man those are some great pics !! No mosters ?? that last pic is a dam nice buck I would guess well into the high 70's low 80's gross. SUPER nice mass and nice tall cutters! I got one word for him "TWANG"(bow string)

heat and meat

mtmiller:

Cool pics! I feel for you and the heat brother. How do you get the meat cooled down and keep it from spoiling in that heat? I get worried when we have heat and I have meat and it is in the 40’s.

Walt
Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
Your best bet in rafts, canoes and camp rentals in all of NW Alaska
www.northwestalaska.com

Back