MR camelback pach frame

schmalts

I got one with the bag I wanted and sold the frame off. I compared it to my MR that I have and i see no difference in quality at all with my eyes. in fact the padding on the waist belt seems a little thicker but it could be from mine being used.
JMO

yes, it will. I know you were concerned that the snaps were different. I checked the snaps on both frames and bags and they were identicle. I like the bag, i got the cerburus. I just dont know if i would ever use that removable lid for a day pack unless i was hunting a place were i wasn't venturing far from camp. It would be nice to have the crewcab on to haul some meat towards camp if something went down. Besides, there is no room for a spotter either in that little bag so that would eliminate it from half the trips. So it seems that it is just a heavier than needed lid but if a guy knew for sure he wouldnt use it the straps could be cut off.

I condemplated getting the big Cerburus bag, but decided to get a lid/daypack for my crew cab and a couple load cells. I've packed my whole camp in it and have room to spare. I think it might be a little awkward fully loaded, but not bad and once I get to camp it will be sweet having a nice day pack.

I wish MR would have made the day pack straps removable on the lid.

I condemplated getting the big Cerburus bag, but decided to get a lid/daypack for my crew cab and a couple load cells. I've packed my whole camp in it and have room to spare. I think it might be a little awkward fully loaded, but not bad and once I get to camp it will be sweet having a nice day pack.

I wish MR would have made the day pack straps removable on the lid.

Whats a "load cell" ?

Its a little 'rectangulare' nylon bag about 10"x12"x4" ish thats specifically made for the crew cab has a zipper and a compression strap, I think the larges ones are about 1000-1100 ci and the small ones are 500ci or so. Two big ones will fit on top of my sleeping bag in the center compartment and the lid will hold them in place.

I got one for my sleeping bag and pad and one for cloths. Just another way to keep stuff organized and out of the weather if it gets nasty on the hike in.

Are they on the website? I have never seen them and thier website has been jagged up a long time now

No, I don't think they are on the site. I saw them this spring when I stopped in. I think they're $20 a piece? Don't remember for sure. two of them fully loaded will full up the center part of the crew cab or just a little more. Pretty slick really.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back