A few more

Oak

Expert
Lousy picture at 400 yards, but there are a couple of good ones in there for an open CO unit.

Bachelors.jpg

Opera singer:

OperaSinger.jpg

Traffic Cop:

TrafficCop.jpg

My office makes working 80 hrs/week doable:

Office.jpg

Great pics! Glad to hear you like the office view... ;)

PS- If you need a change of scenery there's two wildlife jobs open in my office.... :D

Hey, if you'd like to do something more exciting than flora, we could always use some help. ;) Of course, there are always weed surveys to do as well, if you're into that sort of thing.
puke.gif

Draftstud, it's not Red Mountain.

1_p, the hours are by choice. It allows me to take 6+ weeks off for hunting in the fall if I feel like it.hump

Nut, I take a huge number of photos in hopes of getting a couple decent ones. Most end up in the crapper. I just looked, and I have 5,646 files in my Photos folder, at 10.5GB. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why my 6 year old computer has been so slow lately.:rolleyes:

MD, I am definately not "the man" when it comes to taking good photos, but thanks. mtmiller is better, but he's been on a picture posting hiatus lately.

I actually do work when I'm out taking these photos.

Here I am checking out some big wood. Maybe not big to those of you in the PNW or Northern Rockies, but big for the arid country I work in.

Big.jpg

Documenting two BLM sensitive plant species, Mentzelia rhizomata and Thalictrum heliophilum:

Working1.jpg

Peeking in on a Golden Eagle family (voyeur):

Working2.jpg

Dealing with inclement weather at the end of May:

Inclement.jpg

Meeting with the locals and discussing various issues of concern:

Chick.jpg

Some of those locals can be very untrusting of outsiders. Here, one gives me the "evil eye":

EvilEye.jpg

Some just don't appreciate what they have, and leave their trash laying everywhere. I'm always picking stuff up.:rolleyes: :

Litter.jpg

At the end of the day, you can sit back, drink a cold one, and hope you did the best you could:

End.jpg

Great pics Terry. I am looking at getting a new GPS for work. What is the one you are using, 76?

I am looking at getting a new GPS for work. What is the one you are using, 76?

Yep, 76S. I've had it for a little over two years now and love it. I don't know if you can even get the 76 in the non-color version any more. I don't have much use for color.

Oak- I understand. Being able to bank hours is a GREAT perk. Just wish I could get something for all of my extra hours. Doesn't take too long in the summer/early fall to fill up the credit hour account.

miller- The 76 is what is used in the GPS training for ICS management course. So, I do know that it's being used quite abit by the fire folks. Due to our GIS folks we usually pack around the Trimble, which is mucho overkill for points, but does come in handy for long lines and or polygons. Seems like that's the only GPS data they will deal with.

+1 on the Trimble. It has it's place, but for much of my day to day the Garmin works out better, especially for point data or navigation.

I have the Etrex VistaC, but my seasonal usually has it. For that reason I would like to get another. I like that the screen is a little bigger on the 76. I will get the color as it is leaps and bounds easier to read for me.

Garmin works out better, especially for point data or navigation.
I agree...for now. We are gonna be trying something new Trimble XMs. It allows you to put a georeferenced map (ie ownership, soil map units) on it showing you exactly where you want to be. Hoping they have it ready to go by the time I get back to work on the 25th. I'll let you know how it pans out.

However, I have been very happy using the Garmin 60 and I can't imagine the 76 would be worse. But, I'm glad to see your to big of a wuzz to take some gear from your seasonal... ;)

Back