Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer

Curly

Here are some pics of a little blacktail that decided to have lunch in my yard.

I was eating lunch (leftover moose steak and hashbrowns) while working at the computer and I looked up to see this buck walk in front of my office window.

My black lab has run him off at least a few times this spring but he keeps coming back.

Attachments

• deer 010.jpg
    deer 010.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 140
  • deer 019.jpg
    deer 019.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 128
  • deer 030.jpg
    deer 030.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 121
  • deer 049.jpg
    deer 049.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 120
I'll pay you $50 to let me shoot him!

No, I'm not from Texas... ;)

Yes, I REALLY want to kill a Columbia blacktail.

You wouldn't want him. It would be a low fence hunt......4 footer; around my 5 acres.

But you're welcome to come up here and hunt the State forest land. Best time is right before Thanksgiving when there is a late buck season for 4 days. They're in the rut then and it would be your best chance at getting one.

Sweet pics and nice scenery at the house....but.....
My black lab has run him off at least a few times this spring but he keeps coming back.
...I know a yellow lab that would have caught him (at least on command).:D

thanks for the pics

Nice to have wildlife around the house...even if they eat the greenery.

That is awesome. I have four bucks right by the house but they won't let me close enough to get good pictures like these. I'll keep trying. Maybe I need a lab.

I think the buck and Skeeter like playing. Skeeter is 12years old now and he won't even follow the buck once he gets into the brush. I swear the buck is laughing at Skeeter.

Marv- I'm hoping that's true. Miller did 'pass through' SLC a few times this year and has mentioned pillow talk to me before...

Curly- I may have to take you up on the offer. In the next two years I really want to head somewhere for a Columbia blacktail. That and a Coues would end complete my 'Deer Slam', which is much more affordable than the Grand Slam... ;)

Back