antelope blind suggestions

trophy_killer

gonna be trying to smack an antelope with my bow this year and need some advice on what to look for when it comes to blinds for them. i need something lightweight, not terribly hot inside and on the cheaper side, $150 tops but would prefer to keep it in the $100 or so range

For around 180 or so you can get an ameristep brickhouse, thats what I have, got mine in realtree max 1 advantage, have had animals come within 5 yds of it, so I would say it works.

Maybe find a natural blind, like a bush by a waterhole. That Ameristep is good, but not as good as a $400 one, and the Ameristep has come down in price too, I think.

Only one I've ever used, and only hunted 2 days out of blind...is a doublebull.

I killed 2 antelope in those 2 days with my bow and had at least 70-80 antelope in range over those two days.

I'd find it tough to believe there would be a better blind. If I were to buy one, thats what I'd get.

Hey Killer just a word of advice I made the mistake of buying 3 different types of pop ups before I bought a double bull T 5. Nothing comes close to the quality of a double bull. 1st I bought the T 2 double bull, nice blind but to small for me 5 ft 11 210 lbs not enough room to draw my bow or move around in, and the shoot threw window is NO good when the sun is in your face. You can see right threw it a 100 yards away. Then I bought a couple of cheaper models ($150 to $170 )that were o.K. but they are all made of a plastic type of fabric, When the wind blows AT ALL they make a ton of noise in side the blind, that drove me crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!! It would not spook a animal but man it was annoying as hell. I bought my double bull at Cablea's for 250.00 in the Bargain Cave not a thing wrong with Tons of room and quite when the wind blows. On average I sit about 50 daylight hrs a year at my water hole. If you plan on saying any time in one, leg room is a MUST! just my 2 cents !!! GOOD LUCK !!

The double bull is the $400 one. Its not scent absorbing material is it? The Amerstep one is, plus, with the money you save, you can get another antelope tag, maybe half a buck tag if you find a bargain cave one like Muley Crazy did.

If you do end up getting a Brick house don't get the one with the real leaf on the sides that stuff is what makes all of the noise I cut mine off and it helped a little but still sucked!!!.
I hunt in a deep depression and I can only see about 50 yards so I like to be able to hear if a goat starts drinking next to the blind or is walking around (Its happened more then once)

A bought a brick house 3 years ago and wished I would have spent more and got the double bull. I keep it out all season and I good wind will break the the little metal knobs at the end of the poles and I take it apart every year to replace them.

I would make a natural blind myself for antelope and practice alot of bow shooting from your knees or off a small stool, 5 gallon bucket. I don't like hunting whiteys in mine because of the lost light at the end of the day.

In antelope country watch for rattlesnakes cooling inside your blind, and it will be a lot hotter inside there. I would go natural, my 2 cents.

Back