A couple mulies

powderburn

Well I went looking for sheds but the recent snow fall we had ended the looking real quick. I did spot a couple of hornless bucks and had a little chat with them. I approached the little bachalor group and got their attention.
buck-1.jpg

As I started to talk to them about life in general they where pretty intent on our conversation. The one they called Twobit because of his ear was really paying attention, and seemed to be the group leader.
moosie2.jpg

The subject came up about hunting and how the guys south of the boarded concidered themselfs quite accomplished at this sport that pit man against deer. Twobit had a good laugh at that comment.
moosie1.jpg

We talked at length about a few things and I asked him if he had any advise for the US hunters. His reply was for them to aim for the bullseye's and he'd even show them where they were located.
buck5.jpg

As we ended our talk I asked Twobit what he thought about US hunters and his reply was this.
moosie3.jpg

AHH great pics pburn! That's one good thing they don't discount to the US is your canooks sense of humour (spelling for Jose and WH) ! ;)

Ok here's the scoop on the pictures. My mother has at least 7 different bucks
visiting her very morning. They come and stand outside her front door until they each get a carrot then they disappear until the next morning. The last 2 haven't figured out what their missing because they always stay to the side of the house. The does however would come right into the house.
bk1.jpg

bk.jpg

bk2.jpg

bk4.jpg

bk5.jpg

bk6.jpg

Ha, thats great stuff. One of the camps that I take my youth to has deer that are the same way.

They started coming late in the day. Now there is another buck that comes and he's got an ear tag. It's getting easy to tell them apart with the distinct ear tears.
buc4.jpg

buc1.jpg

buc3.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back