this is the area I hunted last season,

mdcrossbow

minus the big Potomac homes on the hill. I have 25 or more hr's in this one. After a certin point I start woundering what will be the cut off point.

482705.JPG

That one was somewhere between 25-30 hrs. Do you hunt in Potomac RR. This is a great funnel out to a big field. 2 ridges with homes on both sides.

This is a great funnel out to a big field. 2 ridges with homes on both sides.

Ah yes, the east coast funnel, a friend of mine back there was in his tree when some lady was using the john on the second floor, said he bought fell out of the tree when she was making a face straining so hard:eek:

Again nice art work.

No MD.. I have hunted the Mckee Beshers and Strider areas with bow. I'm new to this east coast hunting. Coming from the west it is going to take some time to get used to it. Usually head out west every year to hunt but with my son getting his license this year we will probably be hunting more out here but still do the trip Colorado. Gotta have my mountain fix.

RR, when we ge tgethe I can give you allot of info on areas in the county to hunt.
It's not high fence hunting but very close. I hunt funnels between big homes and it ca't realy be called hunting it's more like deer management. But these deer do get smart. They soon learn which crek bed to walk and where not to cross. Which homes are safe. A bow hunter in the neighberhoods have limited access, a few acreas here and a few acres their. I have a few leases with 500 to 1500 acres that I realy enjoy hunting.

I know what you mean about the deer getting smart and knowing where to be and when. I am right along Rock Creek park and take the dog walking into it. I see deer all the time. Matter of fact my 5 yr old daughter rattled in a nice 6 point buck this year with myself and the dog right next to her. He came within 15 yds of us and all she was using was a couple of sticks! Pretty funny. More like pet deer down there.

Ya, pet deer that taist good.
I get allot of places to hunt just by customers who come n the shop and see the 4 heads on the wall and tell me of their deer problems and wan me to hunt. People move into thse hugh homes and like seeing the deer untill they plant $15,000 worth of nersery and in one night the deer eat all the new plantings and then it's get rid of the deer. I'm their to help. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back