Sunset at the Kuleana, Maui, Hawaii

Nice picture. I still owe you some. With my schedule. you should have it in a month ,,,,, and 3 years ;)

Nice Picture, makes me wanna go back soon.

Dude, we should go back and do a full day private charter for Pacific Blue Marlin, after watching that 300 lb'er jump out of the water and peel that 400lb test line off I was hooked!!

AK.. We usually are set up with 50,80, and 130 lb main line on our reels and then use the 400 - 600lb leader. Sure is fun too! I'll be back in the summer fishing for that grander. Sounds like you enjoyed your time. Kind of hard not too.

How did you do fishing? I have yet to know anyone to catch anything on a charter in Hawaii, especially out of Maui. I lost (poor hook up) a blue marlin while fishing out of Kona.

And BTW...it is still cold as chit...post more pics.

Brad

I knew going in that the odds of "catching" a fish were not to good but I went in hoping I could hook up on a big blue, didn't happen but seeing it happen to someone else was worth the price of admission. Our boat did catch and land a dorado and we had a shark on for about 10 seconds on a live yellow fin tuna bait which I caught........I figure by booking the whole boat for myself the odds would go up quite a bit though it would be a spendy fishing trip. I'd post some more pics but I don't have any more loaded up yet. I ate a bunch of fresh fish while we were there, Ono, Mahimahi, Striped Marlin, Opah, Ahi, Blue Marlin, and Opakapaka. We bought it at the fish Market just down the street from where we were staying, that Opakapaka was the best eating snapper I have ever had, cooked in a foil pan with macadamia-nut crusted butter, it was some awesome eating!!

AK who did you fish with? Going the pvt charter is the only way to go in my opinion. You can catch fish on a share boat but with a pvt your odds are better as you get all six rods. What woukld be cool is get together next summer and do one of the money tournys or even the Lahaina jackpot in October.

Thanks for the compliments, I have a few more pictures like that, some during the day and a few at dusk! Makes me want a Mai Tai in the worst way! I fished with Start-Me-Up charters out of Lahaina, we left about 5:45 in the morning and got back around 2-3 pm. I was pretty tired by the time I got back to the condo, all that fun in the sun will do that to ya. RidgeRunner, never did thank you for hooking us up with that Sunset sail, it was hella cool when the wind hit those sails and put the boat on her side, me and Moosie were loving it watching everyone try and grab something to hold onto! I'd be interested in doing something like one of those tournaments like you said, that would be real cool. I suppose I could probably talk the wife into going back to Maui again.......;)

Yeah the tournaments are great fun for all and some serious coin can be won. I'll look at a few of next years dates and maybe we can get something going. The firecracker is a good one on the big island and that is in July so would'nt interupt with to much hunting trips.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back