Ingram knives

Look like well crafted knives Ak. Prices seem about right for a handmade & terms are staightforward enough. Like the shape of the Bird & Trout.

What steel did you choose?

I've heard nothing but good things about his knives. I won a custom nife about 15 years ago and love it. It was made by a guy by the name of Bob Schupp in Montana. He's since passed away two years ago I found out. I was hoping for him to make me one more before he retired, but I was too late. Its very similar to Gene's bird and trout knife, but I think mine has a slightly narrower blade. I think my next knife will be one from Gene.

noharleyyet, I went with D2. The 2 knives with sheaths will run me $440 delivered. I am currrently using a Helle Eggen until the Ingrams get here, I butchered an entire moose with that knife before it started to get dull.

I've got two Helle knives with laminated blades that are fantastic. As to your custom knives you can't go wrong with D2. In my opinion it's a much better all around choice than S30V.

I agree on the Helle and they are not anywhere near as expensive as the custom knives are but hey, guys like that kind of stuff. I selected the D2 because it is easier to work with (sharpen) and cost a little less to make than the S30V.

Back