Time for Moose to eat his word's!! I told you U would!!!

Muley Crazy

thats BS. It will make no difference. There is no proof that Fish and Game have that it will make a Lick of difference. I personally talked with Compton the beginning of last year and he said the Hide wearing waco's (OK, he called them traditionalists, notice no quotes :D) were the ones with the biggest comments. Personally I couldn't care one way or another, but to think that it will make a difference..... please. I also can see guys pushing the limits of the side hammer uns and now we'll have more wounded animals. It happens with all weapons grant it and not just traditional ones but to think it will make more opportunities for bigger deer ? Lay off the Traditional pipe !!

You might check out the propased big game reg's for the 07 season on the Idaho fish and game sight!hump

Remind me what I'm eating again ? I like food :D

Whats in the Big game regs that is suposed to make me eat something ? Is it the fact that the Traditionalists got the rules changed ? (If so, maybe you should have checked the board months and nonths ago. We new they would. It'll change back for a ballance though, You can quote me on that later too :D . What was the part I was calling "BS" on. Quote that part !! Was it that if the Traditionalists get their votes passed that it will bring bigger bucks to those units ? I think I'm still right on that, It's BS.

Yes, it was the part about the chance at bigger bucks, again check out the proposed changes for 07 before you get on your high horse :D cowboy ie.. lots of NEW muzzle loader hunts for BIG deer. I am not a big smoke pole hunter by any means. I just like to see more opportunities for good bucks thats all, and if that means buying a new muzzle loader so be it.

I'm with you on opportunities on bigger bucks. If they opened a unit for Spears and Slingshots I'd apply too ;) Point out why there are bigger bucks now that they opened a few more traditional units ? I missed that part.

If they open 1 more hunt in the rut say NOV 1st to NOV 30th to be hunted with a muzzle loader that would give us that much of a greater chance to harvest a BIG buck. (This same hunt is proposed for 07 as a new hunt i.e ... never before )

What I am saying is with the new rules there is a greater chance to harvest a good buck, and thats what I stated a few mounths ago and you told me lay off the pipe.

"The Idaho Fish and Game Commission Thursday, March 8, accepted recommended changes to big game hunting seasons with only a few exceptions.

Department of Fish and Game staff recommendations included additional muzzleloader hunting opportunities for mule deer, white-tailed deer, elk and pronghorn antelope; increased antlerless white-tailed deer hunts to reduce depredations, vehicle collision and urban deer problems; and a quality whitetail hunting area in eastern Idaho."

OK here it is I TOLD YOU SO !!! Good chance of Mooise and I being pole smokers this year!!!:D :D :D :D

No. You're right on that some additional units are going to be opened. I can't deny that. Never did that I know of, or you can Re quote another post. My point was, the "sales pitch" used to go to traditional only (So no Inlines, etc.) was there would be less harvest, less wounded animals and therefor more deer making it through the year offering more and bigger deer in the years to come. I know for a fact that guys push the limits whether it's Rifle, Inlines, bows or traditionalist. Each person is different I guess but just because there is a traditional season doesn't mean that there is going to be less wounded rate on critters in that unit causing greater chance to harvest bigger bucks.. I'll still call BS !!

That being said, anytime they want to open more opportunity for disbursement of hunters and late hunts for trophy animals it spreads the mass's out a little. I will be looking to go Smoke pole at some time. Not this year but I will. Short term it opens some chances, yes. But hitting deer in a winter range and not changing the general seasons around it is a cause for less "BIG BUCKS" and chances in the long term.

I still think they should have left it open to Inlines as well, not just the Side hammers. That was my biggest gripe. Next they are going to take away the Cam bows and only let you use a recurve or long bow so less deer get harvested and wounded. Thats the Sales pitch the Traditionalists are using.... HEll, maybe we should get rid of the rifle too ? Why cheat :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do wis hyu well on the hunts, what unit are you going to hunt then this year ?!?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back