Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Oops......

Moosie

Grand poopa
I hate when you go to a FNAWS banquet with no intension of buying anything and walk out with a Africa Hunt for 4 guys. (.... and a 10x10 Canvas tent... Shhhhhhh on that one !!)

Delema, wife told me not to buy anything....AT ALL was her exact words if I remember right. SO....do I :

1. Wake the wife up and tell her ?
2. Tell her in the morning (Sunday) for when she calls me names she can Repent in Church later that day.
3. Keep it a Secret for awhile.....

Any thoughts ? ;)

I've know this guy that books these hunts for 5-6 years. I've seen some of their critters and we've even auctioned off the hunt I bought at 4 of our DHI Banquets. We had NO intensions of doing anything but I was sitting next to my Partner Warren and all of a Sudden my hand went up..... a couple times....... :D

It was a SMOKING deal, but usually at Banquets you pick up stuff like that. Went with the gut feeling. I swear the wine and beer had nothing to do with it :p

Ohhhh well, worst case is my arms should be out of the Cast by the time I go hunting next year and After tomorrow morning when My wife puts me in a full Nelson !!!!! Maybe I should go to the 24 hour Walmart and buy some flowers......

tell her you bought her a Safari to Africa for Valentines day--

Also I'm putting my name in the hat as first right of refusal when you don't get to go--you got huevos is all I can say---good luck.....chris

Thats the Benifit of being on Hunttalk at all hours. Get in the First right of refusal :D :D

We might have a 4th Seat open Chris...We have 2 guys and me wanting to go thus far. Well, maybe 2 spots if I'm dead ;) The hunt was 2 hunters and 2 observers. We're gonig to make sure we can't talk the wives into going. I would jsut asume have my Wife there with me. I think she'd like it... But if I know her, Thats the last place she would want to go. We'll see.

The outfit We're going with is Numzaan Safaries. We're going with 2:1 @ $300 / day. Probably a 10 Day deal. we threw together some Costs of Flights, Pack and Dips/ Importing / Flights / additional animals / and Such and the Pricetag get's up there quick. REAL quick. Heck, even a Free hunt at a Show costs a fortune ;)

http://www.numzaan.com

numzaan_logo.jpg

We will be hunting the "FREE STATE" and the "LIMPOPO PROVINCE". There are good things and Bad things about this. Both are in South Africa and there is a Fence around everything in South Africa. Thats I can see as a potencial bad thing. Areas are still HUGE, a good thing. The Guy thats a Rep is a Taxidermist here in the town I live and dealing with travel stuff will be great having it jsut down the road.

There is a 8 spot camp MAX and there will be 4 of us booked. I'm not going to twist anybodies arm but if they wanted to join up on a hunt with us let me know. Would be cool to have a Hutntalk 8~SOME.

Truthfully, If I had not bought this on such a great deal I would be going with JJhack. He sounds like the real deal and is Very helpfull with Africa. I'm guessing I'll be so excited when I'm there I'll make another trip back sometime shortly after, I hear it's addicting. ;)

I LOVE being at auctions with Moosie!! Congrats on the snag! Though I think the behind the wife's back bid as she's sitting next to you is pretty funny too... :D

Good buy! Is Warren going? Last he and I spoke, he'd talked himself out of going.

As far as pacifying the wif.....You should have gone to church with her. That'll put you squarely on the good side.

Well I wasn't killed yet :)

1pointer, I've been to the Auction with you too. You about bought an Expensive Lamp by randomly yelling !!!! Even when I lift my hand behind my wifes back to buy something, It's because I want it ... or because it's funny... Sometimes I do things just for a laugh . Thats how I roll !!! ;)

T-bone, I should have gone but our 2 youngest clowns were/are sick. I watched them here at home. I'm way under the weather myself and when she got home she let me take a 2-3 hour nap. Then I went with Stewart to the Office and we laid out the Cost of Going. EEgads that crap adds up !!! YAh, He's going. You don't know him well if you think just because he says he's not going to do something he won't do it.... :p we were planning to go on a float AK trip this year but we bailed on that. You interested in African Critters ?!?!?

We sat at a Table last night with some Folks and I realised that Waren and me are probably as close or closer then him and his Brothers. We bought homes next to each other, We started a Buisness together, we spend weekends together, we go on trips together, we hunt together, we both have 4 boys.... So if you think when him or me go to Africa it won't be together ? Please ..... :D You interested in African Critters ?!?!? *smile*

I remember the lamp episode! That could've gotten funny in a hurry! Did you go to the office to work up the numbers so Mrs. Moosie would see??????? :D

Moose,

I'd better pass on the circus animals. My mind is on sheep...Dall sheep in '08 to be specific.

A couple others on my short list are a DIY (Kot, You, Warren, me) Middle Fork of the Salmon float for elk. We need to do this!

Moosie, I also came away from a wildlife dinner/benifit a couple of $Grand poorer. I wasn't hammered or anything... I just got all wound up with the macho headbutting that comes from bidding for high stakes. The Oregon mule deer hunt was almost totally bogus, but I still got a shot at a decent buck, and for the second time in my life I got to point my rifle at a for-real 35+ incher at about a half mile -no shot.
Yeah, I'd tell the little lady. It pays NOT to keep secrets from someone you fall asleep near. Of course, all this great advice is coming from a 1 time loser/ comfirmed batchelor.
One of these days I'd like to get to Africa, but not until the cabin gets built on my property. I'd love to hunt a couple of Impallas and maybe a Warthog sometime before I check out -just not this year.

T-bag, (hehe) The Middlefork deal could happen. I'm guessing we might have the 1st oppertunity in alot of area in that country now. It's not what you know, but the guy you know that OWNS the hutning rights ;) We're working up something soon, You available for '07 ? I'll have to Check Vacation time but We might Swing something.

1-pointer, YAh, it's on Warrens computer. I'll post them later after the dust settles and we know all the scoop.

Canoe, I leave in 4 days to Hawaii with her. As we're laying on the Beach, I'll tell her some of the costs to ease the pain ;)

Funny thing is when she asked about it and I was talking to her I reminded that all my gut feelings are good ones. When I started buying houses...good. When I started my own Buisness... good. When I went Brown bear hunting (Because now dads not up in AK any more).. Good !! When I married my beautiful wife.... GREAT and the best thing that ever happened to me !!!! I think she almost bought it, then she started laughing and hit me and told me to quit sucking up. My gut feeling said it wouldn't work on her but I tried anyways ;)

I was on the phone with a guy that went with this outfit last June that bought it from our DHI banquet and he said one thing REALLY sucked, and only one thing. He said the Plane ride over was 18 Hr's long. If thats the only thing I need to worry about I think can live with it.

I just got all wound up with the macho headbutting that comes from bidding for high stakes.

HAHA.. I've learned that I can't compete if it goes toe-toe with Bidding. Some guys could burn 50k on an item and not feel put out were I have a hard time paying $20 for a hat raffle sometimes. Most people know jsut picking up a cheap africa hunt is only 10% of the cost though and only bid on it if they were going anyways..... or jsut a dumb spare of the moment thought like me :D (PS, I was kidding about the Booze, I was sipping a diet coke with nothing in it.)

No problem, Oscar -I knew you were as straight as an arrow... I was talking about myself. Once I started bidding I couldn't let the other guy beat me, so I got all macho and outbid everyone in the place. Serves me right!!! lol!!
If and when you get to The Dark Continent, we'll all expect reports and updates with pictures. Gotta hear all about it!

Looking forward to the price breakdown! Africa is a must do for me, just don't know when. The Middle Fork sounds like a dream trip!! BOY floated it last summer and the pics were amazing. Definitely some pretty untouched country back in there.

I'm going with JJHack this May. We're going 1 on 1, and I've already paid for the hunt, plus a little extra, as I know I'll want to shoot more than the 4 animals in teh package price. I'll probably end up with a couple thousand more "on deposit" with him before the actual hunt.

I used my American Express Delta miles to get a free first class RT ticket. If I'm going to be on a plane for 15 hours or more, I want to have room and not share the row with some smelly native who got on at the refueling stop. ;)

Well, We have paid all the deposits and looks like it's a go, for better or worse. Looks like Kid 5 will be put on the back burner and we're sticking to the practicing part.... hump

Cali, Take lots of pictures, I want to have something to compare to when I'm there !!!!

What's on your 'shopping lits' of critters?

I would suggest bushbuck and kudu... all the rest take second place. :D

We put in for 2 different dates. End of june and Mid July. I'm not sure the exact dates yet. Warren is setting all that up. I jsut got the ball rolling. I jsut know I can't be out of town on July 4th. We always have a "little" shin dig of a party I wouldn't miss :) So it's right before or right after that.

Shopping list ? I'm going to try to keep it open. There are some things I want. Gemsbuck, Kudo, Impala, Springbuck, Zebra.... We'll see. I'm not planning to have this my last trip by any means. I want to take each of my boyz later in life, maybe as a high school graduation or something like that. I'd like to take a couple animals before I take them though. I might go back later for a lioness or something of the sort but for now it's jsut a couple standard african representations.

Hows that for a shopping list ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back