Hotel Rwanda

schmalts

Watched it last night. Was a somewhat decent movie but made me sick to see how they act like animals over there since this was a true story. It reminded me why i could care less for any charities that help the race that call themselves Africans. Any race that will "hack" a million humans to death is hopeless.

Watched it last night. Was a somewhat decent movie but made me sick to see how they act like animals over there since this was a true story. It reminded me why i could care less for any charities that help the race that call themselves Africans. Any race that will "hack" a million humans to death is hopeless.

Do you hold Germans to the same standard? They exterminated at least 10 million people (6 million Jews and 4 million other "Social Misfits". They seem to have turned it around and to be living as a peaceful society. Of course they are white, civilized Europeans. :rolleyes:

Rwanda would have been a lot less violent if the U.S. and Europeans would not have been pussies about going into the country to restore order.

I thought it was a great movie with a sobering insight into what can happen when retribution for past wrongs is played up by political leaders. Kind of like Iraq and the Shia/Sunni split.

Nemont

Do you hold Germans to the same standard? They exterminated at least 10 million people (6 million Jews and 4 million other "Social Misfits". They seem to have turned it around and to be living as a peaceful society. Of course they are white, civilized Europeans. :rolleyes:

Rwanda would have been a lot less violent if the U.S. and Europeans would not have been pussies about going into the country to restore order.

I thought it was a great movie with a sobering insight into what can happen when retribution for past wrongs is played up by political leaders. Kind of like Iraq and the Shia/Sunni split.

Nemont
Nemont,

The US gov't still is negligent in helping Rwanda. A friend of mine has started a Foundation to build sustainable farms in Rwanda, one village at a time. It is pretty cool work they are doing, drilling wells, buying bio-mass generators, basic farm tools, and partnering with www.heifer.org , I think, to supply the stock. They think each $20k provides a sustainable farm for 100 people.

Does judging people by their posts make you a postist ?

If this thread was moved to CI, I would be tempted to make a seirous comment.

My question was meant to be rhetorical....not race or country specific.

Riding the high horse today are we?

My question was meant to be rhetorical....not race or country specific.

Riding the high horse today are we?

If it was rhetorical, why did you ask it twice?

Do you believe Schmaltz's comments on the race and his view of an entire race of people based on the actions of a group of people to be racist?

No, I don't think he intended it to be racist but I can see where it might be construed to be racist....to a person with very touchy racial sensitivities.

No, I don't think he intended it to be racist but I can see where it might be construed to be racist....to a person with very touchy racial sensitivities.

It was not "intended" to be racist because that's a touchy term which everyone is afraid to be labeled with. Not really any other way to construe the remark, though, the way it was stated.

Edit: I haven't seen the movie, but it's on the 'to watch' list.

Good flic Oak...made me feel fortunate to live in the U.S. where we can opine as we wish.

Jose, why didn't the Clinton Admin. intervene? Repub. congress?

Cant compare the Germans to the Africans.... lots of BIG differences with what they did and who they were doing it to. I didnt see Germany decide to kill other Germans in thier own country. Hitler was a whacko, but a damn smart and powerful one. He almost won that war. This crap in Africa has been going on and on. Its an ethics thing, just like the AIDS epidemic.
anytime you have no ethics, you have overpopulation, STD's, starvation, violence. It never seems to end over there. Look at Somalia right now.....

What does their action have to do with their race? The genocide in Rwanda was not racial, only you and Schmaltz have seen the movie as a racial topic.

I saw the movie as a movie and formed my own opinion that that country is hopeless. We have been trying to help them for decades with aid and how have they shown us that they can learn anything and get some ethics?
The African race is in a nutshell, too unethical to ever change them. Aids will not go away because they will not stop raping and screwing, overpopulation will not go away for the same reason, starvation will not go away for the same reason. How is it that you see the kids starving but the women are still pregnant or trying? ethics........ not all, but most of them. you can call me a racist because i am too lazy to always type the words "MOST OF THEM instead of THEM" but history tells the truth, look at it. Look at the present, what do you see? Look at Somalia, what do you see? You can give them the world on a silver platter and what would they do with it over there? Fugg it all up. It's hopeless, let nature take it's course and stop trying to help those who do not make the best of any help they get. Call me a racist because i speak what i think, and I am not afraid of being branded a racist just because I feel i am proud to be nothing other than the most civilized, advanced, and ethical race on the planet.

Cant compare the Germans to the Africans.... lots of BIG differences with what they did and who they were doing it to. I didnt see Germany decide to kill other Germans in thier own country. Hitler was a whacko, but a damn smart and powerful one. He almost won that war. This crap in Africa has been going on and on. Its an ethics thing, just like the AIDS epidemic. anytime you have no ethics, you have overpopulation, STD's, starvation, violence. It never seems to end over there. Look at Somalia right now.....

Are you denying the Holocaust happened? What nationality do you think many of the Jews were that were killed by the "Germans"? Dude, you either are one of the most stupid people on this planet or a racist. Not sure which is more dangerous.....

You think it might have beenn "ethics cleansing"?

The African race is in a nutshell, too unethical to ever change them.

Look at Somalia, what do you see? You can give them the world on a silver platter and what would they do with it over there? Fugg it all up. It's hopeless, let nature take it's course and stop trying to help those who do not make the best of any help they get. Call me a racist because i speak what i think, and I am not afraid of being branded a racist just because I feel i am proud to be nothing other than the most civilized, advanced, and ethical race on the planet.

There is much that is hopeless, but unfortunately, most that is hopeless is you.... Perhaps you should keep your racist comments silent.

Does judging someone by their Anal make you a ANNAList ?

Does Judgeing "HE" make you a Heist ?

HAHA !!!!

Does Judging the Apolo make you an Apologist ?

Does Judging a Purse make you a Pursist ?

HAHAHAH !!!!

Does Judgeing an "X" make you an Exist ?

Does Judging a Dent..... make you Dentist ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back