No time to get out in the hills?

I wish the antler market would fall on its face. I've never figured out shed hunting for just the money of selling the antlers.

OAk sells Antlers. I think Oak and Buzz collect them then bring them to auction or soemthing / Whats your take on Selling Sheds, Oak ?

What does an Average 4 point shed go for ?

I've sold a lot of antlers over the years. I honestly wouldn't care if they banned the sale of sheds. The market for big sheds has definately added a lot of stress to big game animals at the most critical time of the the year for them. I don't necessarily think that shed hunting seasons are the answer because enforcement would be impossible. Common sense among all shed hunters would be nice, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Moosie, hard to say what the "average" 4-point shed goes for. Top end for large, unbroken 4-points is probably around $12/lb, although I haven't checked in several months. I'd say an average price would be about $6-$8/lb. Elk are about that much on the top end.

There's lots of ground in UT that is getting ridden to death by ATVers looking for sheds. Nothing like a grid of 'trails' in critical winter range to help a herd. :(

Back