NM barbary sheep

mtmiller

I am getting ready to apply for NM oryx and for once, looked at barbary sheep. OTC, tags are a good price and a great time of year. Anybody wanna give me the skinny on the hunts? I was invited to go with a guy that worked for the FS, but he has since left the state. Cool critters and I would love to get one some day, but I am guessing it might take more time in the field than I could pull off. Anyone gonna educate me? PM's cool.

Maybe you can Find a Landowner tag ?!?!?! ;)

Founder, are you more concerned with the health of the herds and recreation opportunities of the not so rich public or your advertisers and business? From the cheap seats it looks like you see $$$.

BOY has some insight on the OTC Aoudad tags. He's says it's a tough hunt, especially the ones near Big Bend Natl Park. Many of the sheep just cross over the boundary and hold there for a good portion of the season. He did get one on a OTC hunt, but only saw five the whole time and that was the last day.

PS- Get ahold of me about the Oryx thing....

I was going to apply today, but will wait until next week. I will give you a call Monday.

Best of luck on the Oryx. I would say take lots of pics and share, but they won't go for that.:rolleyes: At least have a good story for me...er...us.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back