My Mexico coues deer

Larry Landgren

Mexicocoues20060092.jpg

Just got back from spending 6 days of hunting coues deer down in Mexico. First day I glassed a buck that would have scored around 120"+ I spent the next 2.5 days trying to slip in on him to kill him but never got the opertunity. We had lots of snow, rain and fog the first couple of days so it kept him in the bottoms of the canyons in the thick oaks and tall grass for awhile. I ended up glassing up a nice buck that had a large high frame over 2 miles away with the swarvkis 15's and after watching him threw the 60X swarvkis spotting scope I ended up putting a stock on him to kill him. When we finally got over to him and got with in 200 yards of him we saw that he was a buck that was in the high 90's low 100's class and ended up passing on him. His main beams went strait up like 16" high but he had a small crab claws on his fronts and small g2's . He had another buck in there with him that would have scored in the 90's that was heavy but I ended up passing. I passed on the average of 5-10 bucks a day looking for that magical 110" buck but never was able to get one killed. On the second to the last day my dad and I found this buck that just had nice heavy main beams and some palmation. My dad talked me into shooting this buck and said we still have a few more tags so you might as well kill him. SO I moved in and ended up spooking him up at 285 yards and drilled him as he ran across a steep hill. I never found another bigger buck to kill but the season is not over yet

Mexicocoues20060092.jpg

Very cool deer Larry!
Congrats! and good luck finding that big one if you get down there again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back