Wifes Idaho General Season Buck

IdahoBugler

The luck continued for my wife this last weekend. On the first evening we spotted this buck with two smaller bucks. We made a long stalk and after a long shot she connected on her best buck. It was awesome having lil' IB there with us on the hunt. It adds a whole new dimension to hunting when hiking, glassing, and stalking with little ones. We made it all happen and he was a trooper even when it got cold and had to hike back out of the hole we were in. 1 mile of straight uphill, thick buck brush, and pitch dark would ruin a lot of kids but the lil' man hung in there. I was very proud of both of them.

Mrs. IB and lil' IB
P1070254.jpg

P1070258.jpg

Family shot
P1070268.jpg

Mrs. IB during the pack out.
P1070278.jpg

Your's truly with a light load.
P1070287.jpg

As for me let's just say that I had my chance and couldn't make it happen on a decent buck. |oo |oo

WOW!!!!!! Thats a great buck!! Geezzzzzzz, She has had an awesome year.. and to top it off, you son was able to be there.. way to go Mrs. IB..

What can we say "We are not Worthy!, We are not Worthy!" Great work, Keep it up. Tell your wife, Any woman that can handle a Big cailber turns me on!! John

Not a Bad buck for the First day out........I see "SHE's" not wearing the Pink Flops...... ;)

Whats up with those light loads ?!?! I did hear Unit 66A had some good bucks in it and it sounds like it was worth the drive !!!! Bummer on the "Little" Buck you didn't get..........truely.

Way to go....she is having a great year. That is a great buck. Is that your pink hat in the background? Thats quite a drive to come clear over here to hunt "66a".

Wouldn't it have been an easier pack to bone out the deer? (Not BONE the deer...get your head out of the gutter).

Congrats to Mrs. IB! IdahoBugler has some strong competition this year close to home! Yeah, Mrs. IB, where's the plush pink flip-flops? I know they would have come in handy on that long stalk........unless IB is holding out on us!

Great buck Bryce...congrats to the Mrs and way to break in JR- didn't he get to pack anything out ;) She is having quite a season- you must be proud!

Just curious, why didn't you leave from the hocks down instead of packing the full legs out? Just wondering.

Congratulations on another great trophy for your wife.
Now there will be another one on the wall. When people asked how you got it you will have to explain "the wife shot that one too"

MarvB said:
Just curious, why didn't you leave from the hocks down instead of packing the full legs out? Just wondering.

Because that would show the rest of us that he is mortal and of ordinary strength. What you can't see, is that he also packed the gutpile, the heart, the liver, and 4 big landscaping rocks for his yard.....:rolleyes:

Congrats on a nice buck to the Mrs..., actually, a great buck.

You main as well encourage her to retire or she is going to expect you to put her on bulls and bucks like this every year. All I can say is WOW what a year she's having!!!

Very Nice!! Coupla' great animals for her so far this year! I guess there always comes a time to just take a back seat and be a spectator, and this would definately be one of those times. Glad you were able to have the boy along too. Congrats to all of you guys.

and 4 big landscaping rocks for his yard.....
as opposed to Jose who has his Home Boyz do it ;)

Fo Sizzle my homedizzle!

Hell I thought he might be making a footstool or something......:D

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back