Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pronghorns with Buzz...

1_pointer

Since I pretty much suck at the drawing of tags and even more so the filling of them, I enlisted Buzz to help me out with some doe pronghorn tags I had. Didn't have the buck tag as that was a 90+% percent draw chance last year. My dad was to accompany me on the hunt, but was in emergency surgery on some blood clots in his leg. He was only given at best a 50% chance of keeping his leg from the knee down, but I'm glad to report he was in the good 50%.

So Buzz and I spot some antelope and make a few moves getting the slip the first few times. Then we get within 200yds of a group and I drop to prone for the shot, which is a feat in and of itself with my gut. Get steady...WHAM! Nothing. Get steady...WHAM! And for some reason the rock in front of me explodes! Couldn't see it in the scope, but the bullets weren't clearing the hill 6' in front of me. I am THAT good. We get closer to a few more and I whiff a two more times. Finally, I get over 'doe fever' and put one on the ground and it drops less than 100yds from a road!!! Hell Yeah!
PronghornHuntnearLaramieWY20065.JPG

But only known to others than me, that's when the work started. Buzz said that wasn't a hard enough hunt/pack out that he hooked the doe up to my truck and drug it over hill and dale. I had to track the dead doe over the ground about 14miles only to get to gut her and get to drag it all the way back to where she fell. Only good news is that I got close enough to another doe on the way back with the one doe on my back.

Here's me with the two does I EARNED!!
PronghornHuntnearLaramieWY20063.JPG

PronghornHuntnearLaramieWY20062.JPG

I'm glad that I weigh much more than the average man as this hunt would have killed me otherwise!!! :D

Nice job, Tyler. Sorry to hear about your dad. Glad he's doing ok. I couldn't make it up there, with truck and work issues. Hopefully next time....

Ps. - Looks like a big friggin scope on that rifle!

1_pointer said:
Then we get within 200yds of a group and I drop to prone for the shot, which is a feat in and of itself with my gut.
I'm glad that I weigh much more than the average man as this hunt would have killed me otherwise!!! :D

Congrats on the does. Should the above section be read as too much office time?

cjcj,

You have to ask that question about the ford?

Of course its pointers...

Rule #1 when riding in a ford truck...bring hiking boots.

I don't know what is worse, the pickup or the plate on the back, not to mention the fashionable hunter behind the wheel.:D

2004_Wyoming_deer_131.sized.jpg

Enough kidding, great work Tyler. Keep it rolling. What is next on the list?

Niiiiiice! Pointer did you have a tag for those rocks?? :D

You got some good eats on the ground there bro' and nice on the assit there Buzz!

Please tell Ithaca that no sage was broken nor bent in the "humpin out" of that stink goat :eek: ;)

Thanks for the congrats fella's. I had a good time and it was a fun way to start the hunting season.

Tone- Not so much office time as too much eating time. I'm just fat, always have been, probably always will be. Anywho, I usually get where I need to go.

BS- I was shooting a Marlin MR-7 30-06. The big friggin scope Oak referred to is a Nikon Buckmaster 3.5-14X40. The AO adds some size to it as well.

Congrats on the speed goats and thanks for the good laugh. I think most people have done exploding rocks, dirt, tree at 10 feet.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back