Excavator

Oak

Expert
Mtmiller is my photo-taking hero, so I tried to duplicate his pic of the bad-azz he posted recently. This guy didn't seem to have a mean bone in him, though. Let me stand 4 feet away while he furiously excavated, taking a peek at me occasionally.

Digger1_original.jpg

Digger2_original.jpg

Digger3_original.jpg

Hey Oak, once tubed out and tanned, that cute fella' would make a dandy little back arrow quiver!

Sweet sequence Terry.

This story probably isn't that funny, but one time when we were spotlighting black-footed ferrets we had a guy come over the radio screaming he was seeing the biggest ferret ever and it was throwing soil everywhere. When we got to him, sure enough, the dirt was flying, but his ferret sure looked like your bager.:D He was reminded of that often.:D

Thanks for the pics.

BTW Terry, nice vegetation you have there. I also like the fence in the background, it is one of this Montana boy's favorite. Easy for critters to get hung up in that stuff if you know what I mean.hump:D

Geez, that fella is doing some serious dirt moving....great pics......

Cool pictures, Those are some bad azz machines. I actually had one come into a turkey call this spring!

Thanks for the comments, guys. Craig, that's prime Colorado rangeland there. I don't know if you'd want that fellow hung up in the fence, though. He might get mean really quickly. ;)

Nice pictures Oak. My findings with badgers have been they're either shy as can be or could care less about people. One extreme or the other. As Craig mentioned those are some fine looking winter annuals dried out there.

Who ever started that crap about them being so mean?

Every one I seen as well just looked at me while he dug out a fresh pad or just ambled on with out a care.

Dinkshooter, They usually keep to themselves until you corner one and then the demon shows its face. :eek:

Oak, Great photos.

What a great job you've got Oak!
Wandering around all day taking pictures of critters...

Thanks for sharing again!

If they run down their hole and you take a piece of barbed wire and stick it down the hole and twist it round and round till it twists up in their fur - they are very, very mad when you pull them out.

AzSlim said:
If they run down their hole and you take a piece of barbed wire and stick it down the hole and twist it round and round till it twists up in their fur - they are very, very mad when you pull them out.
I have heard it works well on coyotes, but I wouldn't want to press my luck with a badger.:D

Awsum pic.

Mtmiller, its funny cause the same thing happened to us.

we were spotlighting at night and driving the back roads like we always did when we were up in seligman. just before leaving we were asked to keep and eye out for ferretts, since I have never seen one or a badger in this state for that matter.

we were driving along the tracks and saw a bunhc of p-dog holes and some dirt flying, I swear we watched it for a good 30 mins. we would only see its butt from time to time.
we were thinking that wow those things are huge.
anyway we go back and tell the game and fish guy the next morning. giving him the location.
That night he said if I was still going to be in town he would take me out so I can help him look for others. and he needed me to show him where we saw the ferret.
we found 1 ferret and long ways from where we saw the other one. so we drive up there and sure as shit its digging a hole again in the same spot.
about the time the spotlight hits the hole the badger came out of it. Pretty embarressing to me but funny as hell for the game and fish guy.
He tried to cheer me up by saying yeah there was probally a ferret there and the bager ate it .

Slim you are a crazy sob for even trying something like that. I am more affraid of bagers than my wife ;)

My non outdoors brothers where at camp and all excited they saw a OTTER in the creek. Shocked the heck out of me, never even heard of an OTTER around there. They took a picture of it...it was a muskrat.

Buddy of mine grew up on a farm in Idaho and was out irrigating one evening. As he was walking down a ditchbank he came face to face with a badger. I don't know what he did to provoke it but he said he was running as fast as he could and it was catching him. He finally stopped spun around and slammed it over the head with his shovel as hard as he could. He said it didn't kill it and it broke his shovel handle. I don't think I ever want to piss one off.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back