PEAX Equipment

Met JJHACK

Calif. Hunter

Jorge, Moe and I met Jim Hackiewicz last night for dinner and to talk about our upcoming trip to Africa. It was great to meet Jim, and he's a great guy with lots of info and stories. Talking with him definitely whets your appetite for a trip to South Africa! In a typical 10-day period, he says, you will literally see hundreds of animals - impala, wart hogs, baboons, giraffe, lions, buffalo and even rhino. Of course, there are too many species to list! He did tell us that eland is his favorite game meat over there.

Moe broke out his checkbook and gave Jim his deposit. Now we just need one more guy to keep Jim from having to throw a stranger into camp with us. At least after meeting us, he knows what sick bastids :eek: we are and so is forewarned about the type of person to match up with us! hump

Yes it was an interesting eveing to meet up with you guys. A great meal as well!

We would like to have one additional hunter in this group if possible. These guys will be about the easiest low maintaince hunters I could hope for.

If you have been thinking about a trip, now is the time to get it lined up and with a good group to be with as well.

oh how I want to go(if I was accepted into the pig pen, I mean group)--need a whole lot to fall into place--but just in case what dates are you talking about going???....chris

Ok these jokers are coming in on the 24th of May and hunting until the 2nd of June. I'm not sure now if I will be able to hunt this property when they leave. May not be anything left alive! I need one more hunter in this group.

Anyone interested in hunting with guys that like to shoot?

We are paying $5100 to hunt 1x1, and that includes 4 animals. You can check Jim's website for details on the animals available - www.huntingadventures.net This is also a guideline, as he lets you substitute other animals if you want, and just pay the difference, if any, in the trophy fees. For example, say I don't want a wildebeest, but it want a gemsbok. The wildebeest fee would be $950, the gemsbok might be $1000. I pay $50 more for the gemsbok.

Here are the numbers from his website:

The Game

1 kudu
1 impala
1 warthog
1 of these: wildebeest, hartebeest, bushbuck, bushpig or blesbuck
** bushbuck, and bushpig are a target of opportunity as they are not plentiful or easy to find during the day. If you’re able to shoot one, it can however be part of the package price.
We can also offer a daily fee and trophy fee list if you prefer. The 1x1 daily fee is $275.00 USD per day and the 2x1 daily fee is $225.00 USD per day. We will also reduce the 1x1 hunt price to $240.00 USD per day for a 1x1 hunter with a non-hunter. The trophy fees for the hunters choosing daily fee and trophy fee hunts are as follows:

Blesbok $380 USD
Blue Wildebeast $950 USD
Bushbuck $800 USD
Bush Pig $400 USD
Duiker $250 USD
Eland $1,750 USD
Gemsbok $1,000 USD
Giraffe $3,000 USD
Impala $300 USD
Kudu $1,700 USD
Nyala $2,500 USD
Red Hartebeast $950 USD
Steenbok $250 USD
Warthog $250 USD
Waterbuck $1,800 USD
Zebra $1,100 USD

We can hunt many other species if you want; for something not on this list, let me know. These are the most common species hunted. Springbok and black wildebeest require moving to their indigenous habitat which will be a day of travel each way. We only hunt natural wild game which is indigenous to the areas we hunt. We do not operate in an Eastern Cape put and take style of hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back