Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Montana Photos.

Hiker

My family and I spent a little time in the Absaroka/Beartooth area. We had a great time hiking & fishing.

Attachments

• Beartooth Hwy 6.jpg
    Beartooth Hwy 6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Beartooth Hwy 4.jpg
    Beartooth Hwy 4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Beartooth Hwy 3.jpg
    Beartooth Hwy 3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Beartooth Hwy 2.jpg
    Beartooth Hwy 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 171
  • Mystic Lake Hike 1.jpg
    Mystic Lake Hike 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 172
Nice pics....My brother, a buddy and I walked into Shelf Lake Sunday to do a little fishing. It was nice to get out of the heat. Seen a few Mt. goats in the distance, there was a couple kids but they were to far to tell anything else. I was getting the itch bad, can't wait to draw a tag. We did catch 19 brook trout and only one was under 12". I caught one that was right at 2 lbs. How was you're fishing?

BigBuxMT, Thanks. We saw 30 Mountains Goats together on Beartooth Highway. They were by the sky lift and we counted 7 little ones. We saw one big one by itself on another day in the same area. We hiked up to Mystic Lake and on the way down got within 100 yards of a Nanny and her baby. The kids loved being that close and seeing the baby. We caught 10-15 fish between us. Congrats on your good catch of Brookies.

wsmslinger, Just like Horrace Greeley said....."go west young man."

Those pics look like they were taken from the Beartooth highway/pass.

Did you come from Red Lodge or the Wy side?

That is one of the best drives in the west. We went through there on our honeymoon. We thought it beat Glacier. Red Lodge is a cool town.

Glad to see the highway is cleared and fixed after all the mud slides last year.

Thanks for posting.

The Beartooths are cool! My dad took us backpacking there twice in the 70s as kids. Probably why I live in Montana now. We went into the Albino, Jasper, Cloverleaf, Martin, Thiel Lake country from Island Lake. Great fishing and great place to take the family, Hiker.

IDhunters, Yes we did come in on the Red Lodge side. You're right, nice town. It took a lot of money to get that highway back open and I'm sure glad they did, absolutely beautiful & a good road too. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Glacier NP, it's also beautiful but I agree with you and think the Beartooths edges it out too.

BigHornRam, Your Dad did good and put the fever in ya. Those are some remote and tough lakes that you guys fished and it would sure prepare a youngster for future sheep hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back